and Drunks

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Stay Together Ride

Posted by on Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Towleroad:

NPR Snap Judgment Performance of the Year was awarded in December to 15-year-old Noah St. John for his explosively moving story about his two moms and the moment he thought he might lose the family he had always known.

despicable me 1
This broke......then warmed.......then stole my heart!
Posted by despicable me on January 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM · Report this
Don't make me cry at work!
Posted by maddy811 on January 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM · Report this
lolorhone 3
That was amazing two ways: first, his story. Second, he's only fifteen he wrote and performed something that spectacular. This made my day.
Posted by lolorhone on January 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Glad I had tissues handy. What a moving story. Thanks Dan.
Posted by SeattleKim on January 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM · Report this
How wonderful! And so chisel-featured and nicely coiffed at an age most of us are still oily-complected mumbly nosepickers.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM · Report this
kim in portland 6
Thank you! Happy tears feel so good.
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on January 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM · Report this
Wow. Just wow.
Posted by Clayton on January 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM · Report this
That boy has a gift.
Posted by Friendstastegood on January 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM · Report this
Damn, crying.
Posted by alanaeldora on January 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM · Report this
Holy shit that was good.
Posted by LMC47 on January 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM · Report this
rob! 11
Dan, don't tell me you missed the link on TowleRoad about the priest in Springfield, IL who called 911 to get him out of handcuffs.

Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on January 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM · Report this
Knat 12
No doubt the bigwigs at Honda of America have already had a meeting regarding this kid, his family, and their beloved CRV.

Nice piece, though.
Posted by Knat on January 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM · Report this
Jaymz 13
Spectacular! What a performer. You know, it didn't have to be a same sex couple as the parents, so very nice that it was a casual mention, not really relevant, and not the focus of the story - just a family, tension, and a car.

I love Snap Judgment and listen to the podcasts on the stationary bike, so it's nice to have the video
Posted by Jaymz on January 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM · Report this
@12....I sure hope so. Now, who is cutting those goddamned onions?!???
Posted by TampaDink on January 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM · Report this
Sandiai 15
I hate you Dan Savage for making me cry at work.
Posted by Sandiai on January 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM · Report this
Sandiai 16
Not really.
Posted by Sandiai on January 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM · Report this
Write or Wrong 17
It takes a lot to make me cry. Tears rolling down my cheeks. Thank you.
Posted by Write or Wrong on January 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM · Report this
This brought back memories! My dad drove a big blue station wagon, and we took this very same 100,000 mile ride when I was 4 or 5 years older than this boy. Drove through the park and had a cake that we'd made with 100,000 miles written in blue frosting. Thanks, Dan!
Posted by SfR on January 10, 2013 at 4:32 AM · Report this
Those must be some proud Mamas.
Posted by dcaamtns on January 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM · Report this
I began as an industry professional in 1975. That’s when I started working at Bekins Van Lines in the San Fernando Valley as a helper. I learned the trade from the ground up. First, as a helper, then a packer, driver and a foreman. Woodland Hills Moving Company
Posted by hammadaamir on November 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM · Report this