Monday, January 7, 2013

Lunchtime Quickie: Man Smokes a Gazillion Cigarettes

Posted by on Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM

In case anyone was wondering (and you're probably not), it's been 7 days since I've smoked a cigarette. Not even one cheat! Thanks, tea tree oil toothpicks!!! And thanks to this guy, too:

Good luck!
Posted by Chicago Fan on January 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM · Report this
kim in portland 2
Good luck!
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on January 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM · Report this
Wonder why they guy did that? Wonder why I watched that guy do that?
Posted by rabbitbrush on January 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM · Report this
Way to go, Kelly O! It's inherently easier for some folks than for others.

But if you make it far, remember that you can incur worse damage if you pick up the habit again than if you had never stopped to begin with. Supposedly. That's what happened to Peter Jennings. He had quit years before and then he started again on 9/11, and then he got cancer and died.

He was the best on 9/11. I had never watched the news before and he instantly became my favorite. He was on air, probably with no script for much of the time, for, like, twenty hours or something, and he was so good. It's sad when I think back now and realize that he fell hard off the wagon in order to get through that triple-shift from hell in one of our worst days in history, and he never got back on. He developed cancer so quickly that he didn't have time to.

(And BTW, the sharp, smart Peter Jennings was a high school dropout! Not to encourage truancy, but he is a patron saint to them.)
Posted by floater on January 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM · Report this
tainte 5
awesome. keep it up!
Posted by tainte on January 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM · Report this
TreGibbs 6
Glad to see that stupidity is not just limited to Americans...
Posted by TreGibbs on January 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM · Report this
long-time reader 7
Never mind the anecdata: You're doing the right thing. Keep it up!
Posted by long-time reader on January 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM · Report this
venomlash 8
GENTLEMEN
Posted by venomlash on January 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM · Report this
Kunst Frau 9
Chewing on a bit of dong guay (Angelica sinensis) root can help distract one from cravings of all sorts. Find it in Chinese herb stores.
Posted by Kunst Frau on January 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM · Report this
Oh, how many times I tried to quit smoking, but each time I failed and again I returned to my favorite pack of cigarettes. Now, perhaps, it's even harder to do that when the internet is full of those online stores like http://247cigstore.com selling cigarettes at such attractive prices. Thanks though they save my money.
Posted by Lee Nielsen on November 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM · Report this