and Drunks

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Guns Don't Kill People, Signs Encouraging People to Use Guns to Kill People Kill People

Posted by on Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM

The Glenn Beck lovers at The Blaze think this sign will single-handedly save us all from mass shootings.

The comment thread is an accurate example of the conservative pro-gun blogosphere right now: Detached from reality, highly political, and riddled with the belief that the only way to save yourself from a nut with a gun is to give guns to all the nuts.

I bet no one try’s to rob his place!

Will drive extra miles if I have to just to patronize any business that posts this sign. Love it!

The only thing worse than a Child Molester is a Liberal. the only thing worse than a Liberal is a Democrat. the only thing worse than a Democrat is a Progressive.

u s army veteran, loves that sign, just wish michigan would o same

Lincolin shouldn’t have armed the North; he should have armed the Slaves.

Hummm. Me thinks me will plagiarize hehehe

Already have this posted at the cabin.

I know I feel safer taking my family into businesses that allows C &C ..
those with signs that read: No weapons allowed.. I tell them , no thanks.. I’ll go elsewhere & be SAFE with licensed , responsible gun OWNERS , rather then take my chances on a lunatic coming in with guns a blazing & no one there to defend me !

America is still the greatest, freest country on earth. To know I can look my children in the eyes and promise them that I am willing and capable of defending them against real monsters is a great honor. Unlike Bobby Cowardly Costas who bizarrely claims he would NOT have wanted a gun in the Aurora theater (to defend his wife or children), or unlike the parents of Norway who allowed the government to castrate them as real adults capable of defending innocent life – I have the power and the right to defend innocent life. Thank you, Founders for expressing my God-given right to own.

"try's"

Beautiful.
Posted by Actionsquid on January 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM · Report this
My favorite "guns don't kill people" take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsN0FCXw9…

(and this isnt too bad either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPIJq0-g…)
Posted by bigdman on January 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM · Report this
GlibReaper 3
Signs and guns: kills people, not kill people.
Posted by GlibReaper on January 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM · Report this
I'm surprised I still haven't seen his 20/20 investigation posted or referenced. Under the sudden stress of an actual attack, gun holders flounder to actually even get their guns out. Their heroism is so imaginary, ugh

Posted by six five on January 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM · Report this
GlibReaper 5
Also, signs don't stop active shooters, responsible armed and trained people do.
Posted by GlibReaper on January 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 6
Every time I see a "Guns Don't Kill People" sign I make a mental note of an easy supply point if I need to get me a free gun.

Now, the bolt gun used to put up signs, that's also keen. Nails are wicked things.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM · Report this
rob! 7
I'll just leave this here:

youtu.be/THWCH2Nwsss
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on January 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 8
Any time a gun nut doesn't see a "guns welcome" sign it shatters their fragile self-esteem and they have to run to their therapist to talk about their feelings for an hour. Sensitive dears.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 9
Where in The Bibble did Jeebus give us the right to carry guns? Which commandment is it, exactly?
Posted by Dr_Awesome on January 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM · Report this
GlibReaper 10
@4 the "actual attack" they set up in that bit of video journalism would probably have "killed" even a highly trained individual (especially the dofus at 3:55 in your linked video)
Posted by GlibReaper on January 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM · Report this
Anything a Conservative decides he wants, he'll justify by saying it's "a God-given right". This is the utility of imaginary deities. They can be authority on whatever you happen to desire to be authoritative on at the moment. Swiss-Army Jesus.
Posted by pheeeew!crack!boom! on January 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 12
Meanwhile, the comment thread here is an accurate example of the liberal anti-gun blogosphere right now: Detached from reality, highly political, and riddled with the belief that the only way to save yourself from a nut with a gun is to call them a gun nut.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
I am outraged
Posted by outraged on January 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM · Report this
@12,

I'm not ashamed to be liberal and anti-gun.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on January 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 15
I hope Obamacare covers penis enlargement. We could put so much of this nonsense behind us. Then we'd only have to worry about the women who hate other women.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on January 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM · Report this
Does anybody remember glue guns? Those were nice things for making party favors. I used to use them all the time. I made such pretty things and managed not to kill anyone. As a child, I liked squirt guns for awhile but got bored with them. So now I don't have any guns. But I do have two hammers. I use my hammers for my art projects and I haven't killed anyone with my hammers.
My favorite color is translucent.
Posted by Juan Alfredo on January 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM · Report this
@14

I'm not ashamed to be liberal and pro-gun.
Posted by CPN on January 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM · Report this
This is one reform that could be carried out today. Currently in WA, if you carry a gun into an establishment that prohibits guns, the worst you can be charged with is trespass.

Ramp it up. Make the penalty very severe for carrying into a posted business, significant enough to add time to any robbery or other associated crime. This would be easy to enforce and convict.
Posted by Action Slacks on January 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM · Report this
I suspect if the guy in the "GUNS WELCOME HERE" video was black, the folks at The Blaze would be having a very different conversation.
Posted by tiktok on January 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 20
@12: really? you think that's what liberals believe? as far as i can tell, liberal acquiescence to the 2nd-amendment absolutism of "gun nuts" has led to military-grade weapons in the hands of actual nuts. it's past time to stop mollycoddling you poor sensitive dears and your hero fantasies and get the guns away from the schizophrenics and suicidal. i know, that probably means less weaponry able to fight off your imaginary zombie apocalypse. boo fucking hoo.
Posted by Max Solomon on January 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM · Report this