Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Will in Seattle 1
Love the golden fire dripping from the green Space Needle.

And ABBA.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM · Report this
Happy New Year everyone. Hope this one is healthier and happier than last year.
Posted by SeattleKim on January 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM · Report this
Simone 3
Happy New Tear Too.
Posted by Simone on January 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM · Report this
xjuan 4
Happy New Year everyone. Wishing for the best!
Posted by xjuan on January 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM · Report this
NotSean 5
H.N.Y.
Posted by NotSean on January 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 6
Happy New Year! And may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and keep you this blessed new year. (Kidding about that last part...like Jesus is even real! LOL!!)
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on January 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM · Report this
seatackled 7
First! Oh, crap, I guess I'm not.

Happy new year!
Posted by seatackled on January 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM · Report this
Puty 8
Hleppy Schnew Yurr, Sllog! Hope all your drinksth have been well drunked. May yuor 2013 have good thingsth and happynezz etcetera
Posted by Puty on January 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM · Report this
rob! 9
Be well and find happiness, Slog peeps.
Well I can dance with you honey
If you think it's funny
Does your mother know that you're out?
And I can chat with you baby
Flirt a little maybe
Does your mother know that you're out?
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on January 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 10
@9 - That was perfect.
Posted by Pridge Wessea on January 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM · Report this
Last of the Time Lords 11
"I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, no more fucking Abba!”

Bernadette
Posted by Last of the Time Lords on January 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 12
Same to you, Dan, and to Terry and son. Happy New Year, Slog buddies! If I could cast a working spell, my desire would be that we all get good things done this year and help make the world a better place. I'm told the tiniest little thing can make a huge impact on the outcome. Best wishes for 2013, everyone!

And let's hope for better television.
Posted by Bauhaus I on January 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 15
It will be hard to top 2012! Best-year-ever!!! But let's do it! Happy New Year motherfuckers!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 16
It's so precious when the troll talks to itself. I always picture Gollum.
Posted by Pridge Wessea on January 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM · Report this
@13 in the hopes that reason might prevail in 2013, did you complain as much during the Bush years when the Clinton surplus was frittered away and the structural foundation was laid that has created the current massive annual deficits?

AND, @13, have you watched the O'Reilly/Stewart 2012 Oct. "debate"? Did you notice that O'Reilly's own charts showed that the main thing that has changed between the Reagan 80s and now is that federal spending as a % of GDP is actually only a fraction higher, but tax revenue as a % of GDP has gone down substantially. This was O'Reilly's chart!! That means LOWER TAXES have caused this problem, NOT expanding government.. A good business invests in its future, a smart citizenry supports government taxing enough to invest in the education and infrastructure for the future, and wise business leaders know long term profit comes from supporting a healthy, well educated, well paid work force (look at Germany).

happy 2013 all
Posted by delta35 on January 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 18
14, Are you going to spend all of 2013 blaming gays for your failed marriages?
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on January 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM · Report this
sissoucat 20
Happy New Year everyone !

Let's hope that 2013 allows same-sex couples to marry in France too, despite the Pope and his clique !
Posted by sissoucat on January 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM · Report this
originalcinner 21
Happy New Year to all.

I intend to spend it much like I spent that non-event Mayan Apocalypse, with booze and white choc chip macadamia cookies. In fact, that's how I intend to spend every feast day from now on.
Posted by originalcinner on January 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM · Report this
despicable me 22
Happy New Year, Dan, Terry, DJ, Stinker, Beautiful Slog Peoples!

My new years resolution is to smile more (if that's even possible). Here's hoping the reaction it will bring in return will cause a different kind of revoltion. One that will spread around the corner and down the other street. (Either that or it'll make people wonder what in the heck we've been doing ;) Great face and brain exercises too!

Muwah! xoxox
Posted by despicable me on January 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM · Report this
Well, the Pope just warned about the dangers of unbridled capitalism; presumably the N.O.M.bies, in states where they've lost, will be right on that.
Posted by Gerald Fnord on January 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM · Report this
Hyzenthlayk9 25
Happy New Year fellow Sloggers, for many of us 2012 has been a rough, trying, and sad year.

May 2013 bring hope, happiness, and joy to us all.
Posted by Hyzenthlayk9 http://oystermind.blogspot.com/ on January 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM · Report this
Happy New Year, Slogsters!
Posted by EricaP on January 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM · Report this
Sandiai 27
Thanks for the ABBA, Dan.

Happy New Year, my friends.
Posted by Sandiai on January 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM · Report this
May we none of us have occasion to consult Mr S this year. As for a quotation to start the year, I am torn between:

Exert that will of your own when you're alone -- and

I have been waiting for these visitors; help me.
Posted by vennominon on January 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM · Report this
kim in portland 29
We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. - Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Happy New Year, All!

May joy, adventure, and kindness find you all.
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on January 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM · Report this
Usually I like ABBA since it is music performed with some sense of artistry. But I found the lyrics somewhat depressing. This song felt more like it was following a bad year with cautious hope for the future. With that "might as well die" attitude in their lyrics, I wondered if ABBA was Lutheran. Anyway "thank you for the music".
Posted by Juan Alfredo on January 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM · Report this