Friday, December 21, 2012

State Senator Pam Roach Was Not Held Up in the Philippines

Posted by on Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:10 PM

On December 17, I received an urgent—and vaguely familiar—type of message from state senator Pam Roach (R-Auburn):

From: "Pam Roach"
Date: December 17, 2012 8:27:30 AM PST
Subject: NEED YOUR HELP...(Pamela Roach)

Good morning,

I Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Manila(Philippines) and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal effects therein. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport but I have to pay for a ticket and settle my hotel bills with the Manager.

I have made contact with my bank but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is my flight will be leaving very soon but i am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the bills, I need your help/LOAN financially and I promise to make the refund once i get back home, you are my last resort and hope, Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you.

Pam Roach
State Senator
31st District, WA

Naturally, we were busy gathering up some help/LOAN for Senator Roach when, in response to a call to her office, Roach told my voice mail:

Hey Eli, Pam Roach calling. Well yes, I was hacked. I mean, who knows how many e-mail addresses I've had over the many many years on my account. In any event, thanks for checking in and no, I didn't get held up in the Philippines. I do a lot of traveling, but haven't been there for a couple years. Thanks for checking in, and look forward to talking to you at some fun point during the session. Take care, bye bye.

Phew!

Will in Seattle 1
Send her some roses.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM · Report this
Imagine that! The SAME thing happened to a friend of mine in London last year! What a coincidence!
Posted by Hywell Dda on December 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM · Report this
seatackled 3
I hope McKenna also got this email.
Posted by seatackled on December 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
@1 FTW!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM · Report this
Sir Vic 5
I can personally vouch for the Senator's whereabouts the evening of December 17th. She was at this charity fundraiser:
I was seated to her left.

Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles and another female Senator where supposed to be there, but didn't make it. Perhaps the Philippines have claimed a different lady legislator from our fair state?
Posted by Sir Vic on December 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
In a related story, you should not send that African prince your bank account number and birthdate.
Posted by J.R. on December 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 7
Republicans need to realize "Wasilla" never was a good password, and it certainly isn't any more.

Also, stop using Ronald Reagan's birthday.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on December 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM · Report this
biffp 8
Beware of people on Craigslist who want to give you an extra $50 in your certified check.
Posted by biffp on December 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 9
@6 good advice. I just sent him a copy of my passport instead ...
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM · Report this
We all know it couldn't possibly be the real Pam Roach because she wouldn't be asking for money. She'd want ammo.
Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on December 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM · Report this
Fnarf 11
I don't understand how The Cockroach even gets to travel out of the country. Surely she's packing heat wherever she goes? She's the one who drew her pistol and waved it around on the floor of the state Senate, threatening to shoot Democrats, remember?

I've heard from someone who knows the legislature pretty well that MOST Republican lawmakers are carrying concealed weapons on the floors of the legislature. This is what we're up against.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM · Report this
Gern Blanston 12
I saw a story on one of the TV stations this week that someone was sending the same kind of e-mail to friends and associates of Governor Gregoire. Apparently it's a new theme.
Posted by Gern Blanston on December 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM · Report this