Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Greatest Movie Poster in the History of Cinema: Yes it Is or No it Isn't!

Posted by on Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

pain_and_gain_ver2.jpeg

reverend dr dj riz 1
'pain and gain'... is they gonna be nekkid in it ?
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM · Report this
It falls short of true greatness because they both still have shirts on.
Posted by Pope Buck I on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM · Report this
Sweet Jaysus! It's like looking into a mirror.

(I've got such a great reflection, too!)

The Ultimate Christmas Book List for the Discerning Human

The Hellhound of Wall Street by Michael Perino

Wealth, Power and the Crisis in Laissez Faire Capitalism by Donald Gibson

The Billionaires’ Ball by Linda McQuaig and Neil Brooks

Extreme Money by Satyajit Das

Treasure Islands by Nicholas Shaxson

Debt: the first 5,000 years by David Graeber

The Web of Debt by Ellen Hodgson Brown, JD

Retirement Heist by Ellen Schultz

The Fine Print by David Cay Johnston

Battling Wall Street: the Kennedy presidency by Donald Gibson

The Bubble and Beyond by Michael Hudson (All of Prof. Hudson’s books)

Wall Street Capitalism: The Theory of the Bondholding Class by E. Ray Canterbery

Greenspan’s Fraud by Ravi Batra

Other People’s Money: the corporate mugging of America by Nomi Prins

The Rich and the Super-Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg

Into the Buzzsaw by Kristina Borjesson

Thy Will Be Done by Gerard Colby and Charlotte Dennett (if you can obtain his books on Du Pont, they will be highly rewarding!!!!)

Fiction:

Absolute Friends by John le Carré

Relentless by Dean Koontz
Posted by sgt_doom on December 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM · Report this
thatsnotright 4
If you bit into "the Rock" you would get such a big overdose of steroids your back-ne would have back-ne.
Posted by thatsnotright on December 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM · Report this
@2 "It falls short of true greatness because they both still have shirts on."

I'm sorry Pope Buck I, that is incredibly close, but our judges were looking for pants... The correct answer is ""It falls short of true greatness because they both still have pants on."
Posted by No it Isn't! on December 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM · Report this
Oh no, though! Michael Bay! Eek!
Posted by gloomy gus on December 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM · Report this
It would be a good poster if the background had a Mexican or Peruvian or Guatemalan flag, and some native Americans were hitting the stars on their heads with monkey wrenches. Plus puppies! Everyone wuvs puppies!
Posted by and where are the do-rags and Zig Zags? on December 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 8
Remember the days when Mark Wahlberg was sorta attractive? Age isn't something that is going to be kind to him.

And Dwayne? There is nothing natural about his body. I'd even guess he has implants in his cock
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on December 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM · Report this
TheMisanthrope 9
@6 EXACTLY. I was like, OOOO...then I was like MICHAEL BAY?!!?

The universe tortures me.
Posted by TheMisanthrope on December 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM · Report this
treacle 10
I didn't know Mark Wahlberg was black... and Dwayne Johnson is looking remarkably pale these days too. Weird. You'd almost think they switched the names on the poster.
Posted by treacle on December 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 11
The greatest movie poster ever was the poster for The Exorcist - understated yet very chilling.
Posted by Bauhaus I on December 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM · Report this
fletc3her 12
They mislabeled the actors!
Posted by fletc3her on December 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 13
@10, 12: You know, I see that all the time, and I think it is some kind of stylistic/traditional thing. But I have no idea.

I see it way to often for it to be coincidental mistakes over and over.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on December 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM · Report this
Who is the target demographic here? As a straight chick, I find pumped up men repulsive. Are they gay icons? Are they men's men?
Posted by originalcinner on December 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM · Report this
blip 15
@14 It looks like a straight guy buddy movie from an era when no one knew gay people existed. I have a hard time believing they don't know how queer it is (that tagline is almost too much), but at the same time it appears to be earnest and completely lacking in any sense of self-awareness. I don't get it either.
Posted by blip on December 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM · Report this
@10, 12, 13. How the names are displayed is not meant to be a descriptive caption. 'Top billing' is a time honored practice where the performer with the greater earning potential is listed first in all credits.
Posted by pay attention on December 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
Posted by Ipso Facto http://therealnews.com on December 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 18
"Their American Dream is bigger than yours"? Are they talking about houses?
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on December 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM · Report this
Fnarf 19
These fellows look like receptacles for feminine hygiene products to me.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM · Report this
very bad homo 20
No Channing Tatum? This looks like something he should be in, too.
Posted by very bad homo on December 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM · Report this
BEHOLD! The power of steroids!

It probably caused their balls to shrink to peanut size
Posted by frankdawg on December 19, 2012 at 6:17 AM · Report this