Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's Coming in 2013

Posted by on Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM

• Courtesy the artist and Greg Kucera Gallery
  • Jeffrey Simmons, Three Rotated Forms, 2012, watercolor on paper, 30 by 22 inches

Stopping by Greg Kucera Gallery this week, I saw this marvel/Death Star sitting idly in his office. It will be part of Jeffrey Simmons's exhibition at the gallery next month. Good lord. And here are more images of what's in the show. Collectors, get your engines started.

I've never been one to wait outside a store all night for things like sneakers or the latest iPhone or Black Friday sales, but I may just do so for this. I'm very excited to see these in person.
Posted by Quincent on December 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM · Report this
Don't worry about your children, hide your charge cards! I WILL be there with no wallet for safety's sake.
Posted by Jack Strubbe on December 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM · Report this
They look neat, but is this what's passing for serious art? I made some of those on my Spyro Gyro in 3rd grade.
Posted by JimmyCap on December 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM · Report this
Does anyone else see a torso? Pecs and abs? (Hello, Dr. Freud?)
Posted by NotYourStrawMan on December 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 5
@3: "Spirograph". Spyro Gyro was the band you listened to.

I play with a $3,000 graphic/technical design suite at work, but i could never use itthat to come up with something that beautiful. It's possible, just not by me.
Posted by Dr_Awesome on December 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM · Report this
friggin awesome. it brings to mind so many associations (turbines, duchamps large glass)
Posted by Pablo Smith on December 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM · Report this
Sicko 7
Palindrome is on display I looked and was baffled.
Posted by Sicko http://www.antipainter.com on December 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM · Report this
Those would be perfect on my powder room walls. You don't know how long I have been looking for something that matches my new wallpaper!
Posted by sticksnstones on December 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM · Report this
Paul Kuniholm Pauper 9
Form/Space Atelier will conduct our March 2013 vernissage on March 8th, International Women's Day. We are displaying 14-piece Guerilla Girls On Tour exhibit. Join us.
Posted by Paul Kuniholm Pauper http://artisttrust.org/index.php/award-winners/artist-profile/paul_kuniholm_pauper on December 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM · Report this
10 Comment Pulled (Spam) Comment Policy