Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Katt Williams Crazy Train Update

Posted by on Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM

As with yesterday, the basics were featured in Megan's Morning News, but all the little details demand their own post.

Part one, from the Seattle Times:

The Courtyard Seattle Downtown Lake Union Marriott kicked Williams out Monday night. A hotel employee said he was kicked out because several second-floor guests complained about the stench of marijuana coming from his room. The employee said it also smelled like he was burning incense along with it, and several people on the floor complained the smell was entering their rooms. “It’s bad,” the employee said. “After cleaning and opening windows, it still smells.”

Part two, covering Williams' forced exit from the hotel, during which he said a ton of amazing things to a KOMO News cameraman.

About his plan to offer $301,000 cash to stay on the Washington State Ferry Rhododendron with his family and staff until his Thursday court date:

"If they will accept our bid... I will take me and my whole staff on that boat because I still have a court date four days from now and can't leave and I've been kicked out of four hotels in two days and I've been arrested by three different sets of officers four different times detained by two sets of officers. I can stay there [on the ferry] and my family can be there and my dogs can be there and my whole staff can be there until we get done suing Seattle for this $50 million that I want for crippling my reputation as a father and a black man and as a taxpaying citizen and as a person who is not a convicted felon."

About his troubled Seattle stay and its fallout:

"I got arrested in front my kids three times in my three days stay in Seattle... And all we were doing was coming into town to sell jokes and police department painted me as some sort of public menace that came to town....I'm just gonna go ahead and announce my retirement from standup, I'm kinda done."

Finally, here's KOMO's hubbub-encapsulating video:

Stay tuned!

Matt the Engineer 1
Check out his "Legal Problems" section in Wikipedia. Apparently it's a national conspiracy, covering LA, Oakland, and all the way to Georgia.
Posted by Matt the Engineer on December 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM · Report this
SPG 2
The dude needs help and I hope he gets it.
Posted by SPG on December 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 3
Its a non-smoking room, Kat. Go outside, no one gives a shit.
Posted by Max Solomon on December 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM · Report this
SchmuckyTheCat 4
Courtyard Marriots are not party hotels. I never put celebs in them for that reason. Not much problem elsewhere, but there are better hotels if you really want to get fucked up.
Posted by SchmuckyTheCat on December 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM · Report this
and who is he and why the hell should I care?
Posted by nador on December 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM · Report this
David Schmader 6
5: He's a comedian, and you should care because he's here in Seattle through at least Thursday, and there's a decent chance he'll shove you or throw a cigarette at you or threaten you with a pool cue before he leaves. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
Posted by David Schmader on December 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
brandon 7
While I am loathe to defend Seattle PD, I highly doubt he was Mr. Innocent. I doubt that SPD would want to stir the pot by harrasing a (somewhat) big name like his. His behavior in previous cities recently shows a pattern.
Posted by brandon on December 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM · Report this
Zebes 8
Gouging the city I live in for $50 million better spent on roads or schools or paying off the victims of police beatings would do more to sour his reputation in my mind.

Also, if you get kicked out of four hotels in two days, the problem might be on your end. Solutions should be considered from an appropriate angle.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on December 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM · Report this
icouldliveinhope 9
Jeez, that must have been a TON of pot.
Posted by icouldliveinhope on December 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM · Report this
Hate it when they cripple my reputation as someone is not a convicted felon. It's just the worst.
Posted by Billy Chav on December 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM · Report this
At least his self-diagnosis is on point: all these troubles will go away if he just stops doing too much stand-up comedy.
Posted by RonK, Seattle on December 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 12

NBC just announced that Katt Williams will be starring with Snoop Dogg as his less successful d.j. brother in "Two Broke Thugs".

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on December 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
Hey Kat! The Airlane Motel in Georgetown is were everyone goes to party! You don't know? Well go check it out, Bro!
Posted by Redhots on December 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM · Report this
i'm pro-science and i vote 14
I will never understand why anyone would object to the smell of marijuana. One of the best scents ever, although I have no idea how that scent is perceived by someone who's never smoked weed.

Then again whenever I smell skunk gas I think it smells great now, for I've smoked some killer weed in my past.
Posted by i'm pro-science and i vote http://www.prettyopenended.com on December 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM · Report this
seandr 15
@6: Thanks, I'll be on high alert.
Posted by seandr on December 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM · Report this