and Drunks

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Join Us for a Nerdy Slog Happy Hour at the Raygun Lounge on Friday, December 7th

Posted by on Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

As Paul mentioned last week, the Stranger nerds are gathering at Raygun Lounge this Friday, December 7th, from 5 pm to 9 pm. Paul Constant, Rob Lightner and Paul Hughes of the Stranger Testing Department, and I will be in attendance to play board games and card games with anyone who shows up.

Additionally, Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Developer Chris Dupuis will be there to demo the rerelease of "Dungeon!"

And, of course, there will be booze. If you show up right at 5, you can probably squeeze two longish games in, but if you can't show up until later, we'll announce when new games are starting so you can hop right in. No game experience necessary, and hardcore gamers are welcome to come and share their knowledge.

We will be sharing the space with another event, Queer Geek's Ladies Gaming Night, so please be respectful of our fellow gamers.

balderdash 1
That sounds like a lot of fun and if I can afford to take a few hours out of my supercritical homework schedule I will be there.
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on December 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 2
I have been waiting more than a year for this!
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on December 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM · Report this
Knat 3
Rrrrrrgggg...! I would love to attend, but I can't foresee a way to get there that doesn't also entail spending at least 90 minutes on the bus to and from the location. Best wishes, though.

Is Chris Dupuis the only game artist/developer still planning to attend? Paul made it sound like a handful at least in the previous post.
Posted by Knat on December 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM · Report this
Lissa 4
I will be there!
Posted by Lissa on December 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 5
as will i!
Posted by mr. herriman on December 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 6
@3 - I may be able to procure a couch downtown for you if you really want to attend.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on December 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM · Report this
@Knat, if Slog Game Night becomes a recurring thing, we'll definitely have more designer and artist guests. There *may* even be some more folks there tonight....
Posted by The Stranger Testing Department on December 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM · Report this