Friday, November 30, 2012

Whiny-Baby Conservative Blogger Won't Run for Office Because Waaaaaaahhhhh

Posted by on Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Just yesterday, conservative blogger Erick Erickson was uncovering the shocking fact that rich white men run the Republican Party. Today, he's announced that the run against Georgia Republican Senator Saxby Chambliss that he's been publicly flirting with is a no-go. And he could've totally won, you guys, because he's a real Republican, unlike that RINO Chambliss, but he just doesn't want to win:

“Were I to run for the Senate, it would be a terribly nasty campaign,” the well-known conservative blogger wrote on RedState. “It’d actually be really awesome, but it’d be really nasty. I have a seven year old, a soon to be four year old, and a wife who does not like being anywhere near a stage. I’m not putting my family through that when the best outcome would mean a sizable pay cut in pay and being away from my kids and wife all the time huddled in a pit vipers often surrounded by too many who viewed me as a useful instrument to their own advancement.”

Uh-huh. Because it always works out well when a conservative sideline-sitter is forced to live up to his words. But he totally could've won! But he's worried about his faaaaaaamily. Also, I bet Erickson's old relationship with his totally hot girlfriend in Canada would have become an issue during the race, too, and that would've been a real distraction. ("Shut up, guys! She totally exists! We have long conversations about Ayn Rand and then we totally do it. She's just never around when you're around, is all. I know it's weird, but if you want me to prove it, I have a picture of her in my wallet...hey, who stole the picture of Shanessa that I always keep in my wallet?") Oh, well. I guess we'll just have to enjoy Erickson's in-depth, journalistic reports on how much the puppeteers behind the Republican Party love money instead.

Zebes 1
I could take Erickson's place as an influential political blogger if I wanted, but after having run the numbers and spoken with my people, I've decided I'd rather not give up my current position as easily overlooked commenter on someone else's blog.

But if I wanted...
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on November 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM · Report this
Janell8me 2
Wait wasn't he just bitching about rich white men in the party??
While $174,000 isn't "rich" but that figure representing a sizable pay cut, it definitely puts him in the upper echelon of society and likely out of touch with the majority of the people he'd represent not to mention his state.
No wonder conservatives are having a hard time.
Posted by Janell8me on November 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 3
I hate when I have to take a sizable pay cut in pay. I'm totally cool with the being away from the family part though.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on November 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 4
"huddled in a pit vipers"?
Posted by Max Solomon on November 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM · Report this
#4 - that should be "pit o'vipers".
Posted by catsnbanjos on November 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 6
There are plenty of people on the left -- most notably everybody who writes for the Stranger -- who are just as ideologically uncompromising. Whether you're histrionically attacking Tim Burgess or Frank Chopp or, depending on which way the wind is blowing, Barack Obama, the writers of this rag rarely appreciate the ability to make some painful political trades in order to get things done.

So a little more respect for Erick Erickson. He's your mirror image and you have far more things in common than differences.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on November 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 7
I find amusing that he completely accepts that it's alright to bring up personal attacks, and is fine w/ the status quo of politics.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on November 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 8
@6 yeah, that's not going to happen.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM · Report this
blackhook 9
More likely, being a typical closeted Republican, he would be away from his *boyfriend*.
Posted by blackhook on November 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM · Report this
STJA 10
One would HATE to take a pay cut for ones country...
Posted by STJA on December 1, 2012 at 9:12 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 11
@9 ftw.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM · Report this