Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Because...

Posted by on Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

YUM!
  • Frank Bach/Shutterstock
  • YUM!
...these delicious fuckers are everywhere! And they're all I'm going to eat for the next two months. I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've already had three today. One time I ate 10 in one day and then had quite a tummy ache, so I will never do that again. But on the plus side, no scurvy for me!

Clementines are a poor substitute for satsuma mandarins.
Posted by So-called Claire on November 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM · Report this
Sweet she was and like a fairy
But her shoes were number 9
Posted by minderbender on November 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 3
@1 Yeah, the clementines with seeds suck. Mikans for the win!
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on November 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
I learned the hard way. All that acid erodes your teeth. Make sure you brush or use wash afterward.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on November 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM · Report this
BAH BAH BAAAAH
Posted by Ruke on November 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM · Report this
lukeiscool 6
But can you bake it in a cake?
Posted by lukeiscool on November 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM · Report this
@6:
Yes. I've made cake, muffins, pancakes and other things with fresh oranges as one of the ingredients.
Posted by swing state voter on November 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM · Report this
TVDinner 8
They will also make your poop acidic. If you're the kind of person who wears a diaper, you will get epic diaper rash.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on November 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 9
Frequent flyer tip: You can bring these through security, and they are fun to peel when you are sick of reading.
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on November 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM · Report this
Unregistered User 10
@1 @1 @1 @1 @1 @1 @1!
Posted by Unregistered User on November 29, 2012 at 2:07 PM · Report this
The correct answer to why this is the best time of year is grapefruit! As good as those are, grapefruit is the fucking best ever.
Posted by bigdman on November 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM · Report this
Agree that satsumas are better. But still, hooray!
Posted by MLM on November 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM · Report this
Karlheinz Arschbomber 13
@11 Grapefruit is bad for old farts like me with high blood pressure. But I do like it.
Posted by Karlheinz Arschbomber http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arschbombe on November 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
M3 14
Satsumas are even better.
Posted by M3 on November 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Get back to me when the sumo mandarins are in season.
Posted by casusbelli on November 29, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
You got sick after eating 10 of them? what a lightweight [/pig snort]
Posted by anon1256 on November 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 17
Someone once made me a clementine curd tart and I wanted to propose.
Posted by Bauhaus I on November 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM · Report this