Friday, November 23, 2012

This Sunday Brings the Broadcast of the Lifetime Movie in which Lindsay Lohan Pretends to be Elizabeth Taylor

Posted by on Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Lifetime: Television for Women (and Camp Lovers)
  • Lifetime: Television for Women (and Camp Lovers)

And it looks like it'll be must-see TV.

From the Kansas City-Star:

Loathsome ‘Liz & Dick’: Lifetime’s biopic is a distasteful wallow in a dysfunctional relationship.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Both an awful mess and an instant classic of unintentional hilarity....The Lifetime movie starring Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor is half train wreck, half "SNL" skit.

From The Stranger's Wm. Steven Humphrey:

GUYS. This is going to be sooooo terrible—and it's going to be terrible in a way you're gonna love. Besides the fact that Lindsay is insanely underprepared to take on this role, it's on LIFETIME. The same network that brought you Tori Spelling's Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? and My Stepson, My Lover! In other words, this could very well be THE GREATEST MOVIE EVARRRRR!!

I cannot wait. See you back here on Monday for post-broadcast processing.

Cato the Younger Younger 1
No one and I mean NO ONE in Hollywood today is talented enough to be Elizabeth Taylor nor can anyone manage to touch Richard Burton. Two of the greatest silver screen talents of all time.

Seriously, Lindsay fucking Lohan?!?!?!? I hope she develops a drug problem, whores her body out and permanently destroys her career now
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on November 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 2

You haven't been paying attention to LL for the past five years, have you?
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on November 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM · Report this
Sherilyn Fenn at least looked the part. I never saw her performance, but she sure looked amazing in the publicity stills.
Posted by Pope Buck I on November 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM · Report this
John M 4
@2 I seriously think she should move to NV and become an actual whore. Just think how much money should would make, even at insane prices, say $5,000 there has to be a sizable market of men and women that would pay that to say "Yeah, I fucked Lindsay Lohan."
Posted by John M on November 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 5
@2, by whoring I mean hanging out with you on 85th and Aurora on Saturday nights dear
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on November 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM · Report this
Everything I've read makes this "movie" sound like a freeway accident -- so horrifying you can't tear your eyes away from it. At the very least, people will be talking about it and her for a while, repellent as the actuality may be.
Posted by Calpete on November 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
May I play "casting director"? In the role of Michael Jackson, Liz Taylor's good friend, I would hire Ted Dansen.
Posted by Juan Alfredo on November 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM · Report this