Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Coming this January: Campaign for Southern Equality

Posted by on Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Rob in Baltimore 2
At times in southern history freeing slaves, desegregation and interracial marriage seemed like impossible dreams too. More often than not they had to be dragged kicking and scratching into modern times, but it will happen.
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on November 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM · Report this
This is fantastic, but they might want to learn to spell Tennessee correctly...
Posted by Nitidiuscula on November 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
Good for them. What a huge uphill battle they've got.

BTW, looks like they filmed that on a high school football field. (Big "AHS" in the background of some shots.) I hope they don't get in trouble for doing that.
Posted by NotYourStrawMan on November 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM · Report this
venomlash 5
Nice message, dumb video.
Posted by venomlash on November 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM · Report this
I love hearing from you, Dan, but don't you have a book to finish...?
Posted by Bugnroolet on November 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 7
At the BLT film festival there was a very good documentary about Mississippi and the Gay folk there. The struggles they have, the courage they have. The progress they have made. We can support them. And it was nice to see that Gay folk are not just young white men in tight shirts.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on November 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM · Report this
When our president was born, his parent's marriage was illegal in most Southern States. One generation can make a huge change.
Posted by Ally29 on November 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM · Report this
When our current president was born, his parent's marriage was illegal in most Southern States. One generation can make huge changes.
Posted by Ally29 on November 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM · Report this
The battles that are the most worth fighting are never the easy ones. Good luck to everyone.
Posted by juli81 on November 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 13
Can I say I'm frightened for these brave souls? I believe the battle's worth fighting, and want to support them in much the same way as the Northerners supported the Southern advocates of civil rights in the 60s. Whether that's money or time, I'm in.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on November 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM · Report this
I like the video. Of course, I'm biased because I'm a former band geek. But I like the simplicity of it, and I could feel a lot of sincerity from the people in the vid. The two White gay guys adopting the Black children is a powerful unspoken message too.

I can't wait to see them push ahead in January.
Posted by MemeGene on November 15, 2012 at 4:18 AM · Report this