and Drunks

Monday, November 12, 2012

Dana Hoare Is an Obama Voter "Sleeping Till Noon"

Posted by on Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

As I wrote few minutes ago, Republicans still insist that Obama voters are moochers who don't work, don't pay taxes, and sleep till noon. So I asked folks to send me their photos of them at work "sleeping till noon." Here's the first person to reply:

dana_hoare.jpg
  • Dana Hoare

"My name is Dana Hoare," writes Dana Hoare. "I work as a patient financial services manager at a hospital in Boston and work M-F 8:30am - 6pm. I pay my taxes and mortgage, give charitably, provide care+ support for my retired parents and my partner's elderly mother. Mitt Romney was my governor and I proudly voted for Obama."

Are you also an Obama voter who's working—before noon, after noon, owning your own business perhaps? They say you don't exist. Send me a photo of you at work (with a brief message to Thomas, Romney, Limbaugh, and the rest of the GOP if you like) and I'll post em. Send 'em here.

skjaere 1
I'm an Obama voter who sleeps until noon and beyond. I work the night shift full time at a hotel just off I-5 (slightly above minimum wage, zero benefits, unless one counts free access to the breakfast buffet and all the coffee I can drink). It's a ~classy establishment~ where I feel ~totally safe~ as a woman alone at night, but needs must, amirite? I pay my taxes, pay my own way, and I'm not looking for handouts. Those mouth-breathers on the Right can suck it.
Posted by skjaere on November 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM · Report this
this is already old.........
Posted by Liberal Wankfest on November 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 3
Bless, you Dominic. If it were not for these insightful photos everyone would believe everything Cal Thomas said.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on November 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 4
Remember when we all got so excited about Nate Silver demonstrating the power of numbers over anecdotes?
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on November 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM · Report this
Dana, I like your glasses.
Posted by Luckier on November 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM · Report this
SPG 6
I don't know about sleeping til noon, but Rmoney didn't pay taxes for ten years thanks to a shifty tax dodge involving the LDS and creative accounting.
Posted by SPG on November 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM · Report this
aureolaborealis 7
Well, of course the only demmercats who are "working" early in the morning are hoares.
Posted by aureolaborealis on November 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM · Report this
"I'm an Obama voter who sleeps until noon and beyond. I work the night shift full time at a hotel just off I-5 (slightly above minimum wage, zero benefits,"

@1 if you are making just above minimum wage and with your EIC tax credit you are paying zero federal income tax and in fact are getting a rebate. Thanks for playing moocher.
Posted by And I voted for Obama on November 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 9
@8,

The minimum wage in Washington state is $9.04/hour. Even if #1 is making $9.10/hour, she's making $18,928 per year. If she's taking no deductions other than the standard deduction and the single person exemption, she's paying $942/year in federal income taxes, not including FICA. And, by the way, you stupid Republican, only families with children are qualified for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

How about you fuck off now?
Posted by keshmeshi on November 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM · Report this
@9

From the IRS:

-Single or married people who worked full time or part time at some point in 2011 can qualify for the EITC/EIC.

-Workers who were not raising children in their home and had income below $13,660 ($18,740 for married workers) can get an EITC/EIC of up to $464.

-she's making $18,928 per year

-Standard deduction for single person for 2012: $5,950

Her taxable income: $12,978

Ergo she pays no Federal income tax.

Ergo…moocher.
Posted by Maybe she should get married on November 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
@9 don't get me wrong I have no problem with progressive taxation and think we should go back to the Clinton era rates. I also think those paying zero fed income tax should be forced to sit down and write thank you cards to those of us paying the bills.
Posted by A little gratitude would be nice on November 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM · Report this
skjaere 12
Also, I pay taxes other than on my income. Like when I buy things with the money I earn and have to pay sales tax. Or gas tax. Those count too, right?
Posted by skjaere on November 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM · Report this
skjaere 13
Oh, and I have not always worked for minimum wage; this is just since the economy went south in 2008. I used to have a good job, and I paid taxes on that income, so all y'all can fuck right off.
Posted by skjaere on November 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM · Report this
"sales tax"

They tax food, weed and rent?

Posted by Should have gotten a better degree than archeology on November 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM · Report this
@11:
Anyone working for minimum wage is NOT a moocher. They are working - they are producing. Just because they aren't paying federal income tax doesn't make them moochers.
God, I hate this moocher/producer divide.
A person can work hard most of their life and pay taxes, but if they get sick or old enough to need assistance, they are then labeled a moocher?
Posted by Rove Fucks Rats on November 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM · Report this
@8
Wow, we're calling hard working people who don't quite make enough to pay Fed taxes moochers now?
What the hell is WRONG with people?
Posted by swing state voter on November 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM · Report this
"Oh @11, I can pretty much guarantee that I pay way more in taxes than you do. So are YOU going to write ME a thankyou note, huh?"

Sure, tell me how much you paid and i'll thank you right here.
Posted by I'll thank anyone who contributes. on November 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 18
@10,

Plug those numbers into this calculator and get back to me on that, you fucking lying ignoramus.

P.S. Fuck off.
Posted by keshmeshi on November 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 19
@10,

Oh, and, by the way, you stupid fucking Republican, I plugged in #1's presumed wages into the IRS's own EITC calculator and got this:

Based on the information you provided, you are not eligible to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit because...
The total of your earned income amount must be less than $13,660 for 2011
The total of your adjusted gross income amount must be less than $13,660 for 2011

It's *gross* adjusted income, you stupid fuck.

P.S. Fuck off.