Thursday, November 8, 2012

And Now, a Message from the King County Marriage License Office

Posted by on Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM

If you're hoping to get gay married in December there's a web site you can look at, and there's also this:

The Recorder’s Office will open for extended hours on Thursday, Dec. 6, as well as Friday, Dec. 7 and Saturday, Dec. 8. We are still firming up details of the plan for those first three days, including hours of operation. We will NOT be open on Sunday, Dec. 9, and we will NOT be able to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples until Dec. 6... Thank you for your patience as we finalize our plans to mark this historic occasion.

Will in Seattle 1
When do they post re license plates?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 2
See, I don't want to get gay married. I want to buy some weed legally.
Posted by Max Solomon on November 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 3
I wonder if the office in Spokane county will be so friendly. When and where will the first clerk be that refuses to do their job of issuing marriage licenses?
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on November 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 4
I want all my co-workers to gay marry. I love weddings! Also, I am with 2 on this one, although hopefully while at a wedding!!!
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on November 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 5
Looks like I'll be able to legally get baked at my gay wedding in a few months.

Life doesn't get much better than that.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on November 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM · Report this
Thurston County's website is not nearly as awesome. They haven't updated their site to include gay couples and their printable marriage applications still say "Male applicant" and "Female applicant". Let's hope they get their shit together.
Posted by breelligerent on November 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM · Report this
I heart this. So much.
Posted by Xxyz on November 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 8
I think it's more polite to not smoke during the wedding.

Save it for the reception party afterwards. Show some respect.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 9, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this