Monday, November 5, 2012

Free Vibrators For Voters!

Posted by on Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I always tell myself "I can never-ever love the Babeland store any more than I already do." Then they prove me wrong. Tomorrow, in hopes of getting more people out to the polls, they're giving away 200 vibrators, plus other prizes. From Babeland HQ:

Red or Blue, conservative or liberal, if there's one thing we all have in common it's our right to vote. Get out and help choose our next President on Tuesday, November 6th. For your effort, we'll give a free Babeland Bipartisan Buzz to the first 200 voters at each of our stores in New York City and Seattle. From 1-5 pm, all stores will also be doing hourly drawings for winners to get a toy of their choice. Cast your vote to decide which toy should govern in the bedroom and you just might win it!

On a related note, they recently did a customer survey:

These are the results of a customer survey we conducted this fall that looked at how sexual behavior breaks down along party lines. Over 1,600 people responded and discovered some fun stats. For example:

Babeland-PL-1.jpg
  • babeland.com

The full survey results after the jump. VOTING IS SEXY!

Party-Lines.jpg

chimsquared 1
I really wish Libertarians would use gags.
Posted by chimsquared on November 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM · Report this
Fnarf 2
Whenever I have sex with Republicans I use an airtight full-face thick latex mask on them, with no holes for nose or mouth. They're usually gone in about 3-5 minutes. I like to watch their eyes.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on November 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM · Report this
Do they say how many of those 1,600 Babeland shoppers are Republicans? I looked and couldn't find it.
Posted by ian on November 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 4
Someone might want to tell them that in elections in which federal candidates are on the ballot, no one can offer any kind of benefit or reward for voting. To do so is a felony.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on November 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM · Report this
"And if you're looking for a kinky good time, find a Republican. 78% of Republicans want to try out BDSM after reading Fifty Shades of Grey."

Two problems with that:

1) My long-standing policy of not playing with Republicans.
2) My less-long-standing (but ever bit as firm) policy of not playing with people whose knowledge of BDSM is limited to what was portrayed in Fifty Shades.
Posted by fallen angel on November 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM · Report this
Is that legal, to reward a voter with a gift worth money?
Posted by Marrena on November 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM · Report this
venomlash 7
@5: IKR? *shriek*
Posted by venomlash on November 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM · Report this
@4 & @6: I am fairly sure the crime is giving people something of value in order to vote in a specified way. Even if the law was written in such a vague way as to make voting at all illegal it is extremely unlikely that a prosecutor would bring a case.
Posted by Dr.Duck on November 6, 2012 at 6:22 AM · Report this
Guys, come on. There have always been all kinds of "voter incentives" at restaurants and stores on election day. Just look at Denny's!
Posted by Some Random Guy on November 6, 2012 at 8:06 AM · Report this
they aren't rewarding you for voting for a particular party, nor is there any way top prove that you voted. nothing illegal about it.
Posted by PenguinStyle on November 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM · Report this