and Drunks

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Green Tea, Dried Cranberries, Prunes

Posted by on Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM

As long as Cienna is sharing the contents of her desk drawer, I thought I'd snap a photo of mine:

Desk_Drawer.jpg

Two things to note: A) unlike Cienna, I tend to do my shaving at home; and B) no, I eat prunes because I actually like them.

Matt the Engineer 1
They're like giant, slimy raisins. What's not to like?
Posted by Matt the Engineer on October 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
I love them, too, but my guts object strenuously.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on October 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM · Report this
Goldy 3
@1 These are non-sorbate prunes, so they're not slimy at all. Drier and chewier.
Posted by Goldy on October 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM · Report this
I love prunes. They're so much better than raisins. They taste like a fruit.
Posted by AndyInChicago on October 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Fnarf 5
I'm not too fond of prunes, but I love Diet Dr. Pepper. Go figure!
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on October 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM · Report this
Just call them dried plums and no one objects.
Posted by viiless on October 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM · Report this
Sheeeeeeeeit. I see a headline saying she's showin' the content of her drawers. Damn near break my mouse a-clickin' on the link, only to see it's the contents of her DESK drawers goddammit!!!
Posted by Red Neck on October 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
I moved from Seattle to Boston for graduate school in nutrition in September (but still read Slog religiously!) and I am virtually high fiving you, Goldy =)
Posted by Lindser on October 30, 2012 at 3:14 PM · Report this
TVDinner 9
Somehow I always imagined the interior of Goldy's drawers (har) to look like the surface of Charles's desk. This apparent tidiness is upsetting my sense of how the universe should work.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on October 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM · Report this
A prune is a type of plum. What goldy is referring to is a dried prune. I prefer fresh prunes.
Posted by _db_ on October 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM · Report this
You're still fat, Goldy. Let's see the other drawer with the Funyuns and Twinkies.
Posted by qrq on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM · Report this
tainte 12
haha old man can't poop
Posted by tainte on October 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Setting a good example for the younger generation.
Posted by bubbie on October 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM · Report this
Home-dried plums are delicious. I used to have a neighbor with a plum tree. The plums were much sweeter and more delicious than what you can buy at the store. Then I moved, alas.
Posted by crone on October 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM · Report this