Friday, October 26, 2012

More Halloween Candy!

Posted by on Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM

See's sent us a ton of it. It's been arrayed for feverish picking-over by the Stranger Candy Control Board, along with the leftovers of the Halloween Candy Taste-Test™ (in the bowl). We have never had leftover candy of any kind in this office, ever, but the dregs of the Halloween Candy Taste-Test™ have been sitting here for days. The Board anticipates that the See's candy will be much better, and it will share its thoughts in comments.

candy_7505.jpg

The Pecan Truffles (lower left in photo) are winning so far, though Paul Constant says they taste too much like white chocolate
Posted by Kelly O on October 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 2
Can I come over? I'm cute! (and a little smart)
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on October 26, 2012 at 4:02 PM · Report this
As a type 1 diabetic, I generally avoid candy, but I tasted some anyway in the name of journalism. The chocolates on the left were full of excessively sweet raspberry creme, which caused me to immediately seek a trash can. The white chocolate pecan thing on the right, however, was ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DELICIOUS and so worth the insulin.
Posted by PineStreetBomber on October 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 4
*Jealous* ...FINE! I'm going to go eat cupcakes.
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on October 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM · Report this
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Luckily I just hafta walk a couple blocks, instead of fly to Seattle.
Posted by judybrowni on October 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM · Report this
Paul Constant 6
I generally like See's, and so I enjoyed the Cranberry Orange Truffles (on the far left) because of their essential See's-ness. They're your average fruit-creme-filled bon bon style chocolate, but the mix of cranberry and orange is nice and surprising.

The pecan pie truffles (on the far right) didn't taste very pecan pie-like, but they were extremely sweet in a non-cloying way. Emily Nokes likes them A LOT more than I do.

The Orange Twists (the bag full of white-and-orange striped candy) are disgusting. It's like licking a bowl after all the ancient ribbon candy has finally been cleaned out of it.

I am eating one of the pumpkin spice lollipops right now and I like it okay, but I much prefer See's's caramel lollipop candy. It's all right.

But it must be said: Everything See's sent is way better than the candy we ate for the Halloween Candy Taste-Testâ„¢.
Posted by Paul Constant http://https://twitter.com/paulconstant on October 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM · Report this
stirwise 7
I think if you throw a handful of these hard enough towards Eastlake they may land directly in my mouth. I encourage you to give that a try, I will be waiting.
Posted by stirwise on October 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 8
Meh.

Sees is only about a half step ahead of Hersheys, which is to say that it is only slightly better than garbage.

Frans or Dilettante are more expensive, but a hundred times better.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on October 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM · Report this
Aaaand my kid hauled me to a classroom presentation on slave labor in chocolate today. As in, everything you're eating was produced by cute little Cote D'Ivoirian five year olds unless it has a fair trade label on it.

YOU'RE WELCOME!
Posted by jt on October 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM · Report this
I had one of everything. It was grand. That pumpkin-looking chocolate thing wrapped in plastic in the middle is full of marshmallow (WIN) and both kinds of truffley things were yum. The Orange Twists that Paul didn't like are awfully chalk-textured. That foot is still gross. The bowl of orange things is still more gross. The office carb table lures us closer to death once again!
Posted by Anna Minard on October 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 11
No new candy corn has been made since 1911.

Few people actually eat candy corn. They just save it for next year and maybe repackage it before handing it off to somebody else.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on October 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM · Report this