Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Marriage for All Families: Stories From Washington

Posted by on Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Another beautiful video from Chase Whiteside and Erick Stoll. Blog it, Facebook it, tweet it. Washington, Maryland, Maine, and Minnesota all vote on marriage equality on November 6. Find out how you can help by going to The Four 2012.

kim in portland 1
'twas lovely. It made me tear up.
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on October 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM · Report this
Adorable. It is so Jamie that his hanging-around-the-house costume choice would be a crisply pressed oxford.
Posted by gloomy gus on October 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 3
@2 - I'm pretty sure he sleeps in a trouser press. Like a vampire, but with more starch and much less soil.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on October 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM · Report this
I want to be adopted by any of those parents. I'm 48, cute, potty-trained, pick up after myself.

Can't wait to vote yes on R-74. I'm going to make a copy of my ballot before I mail it, just like I did with my Obama 2008 ballot, as a memento of my part in this country getting better.
Posted by TheOtherWoman on October 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM · Report this

better.

right.

then you'll be happy,
we're sure,
to cover our family's portion of the debt that your hero has run up in four years?

we'll get the bill in the mail today......
Posted by $97,428.oo (a pitance compared to your joy. right?) on October 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 6
There's all this moisture around my eyes and a little on my cheeks. I hope this goes well for you guys. Marriage equality is the only right thing, and life in Canada has only gotten better since we made the change.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on October 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM · Report this
@4 *My hero*, in the first DAYS of his presidency, kept the country's economy from completely collapsing from the gross, greedy, reckless mismanagement in the three Bush terms. The short memory span of Obama's opponents astounds me. At the end of 2007 I was researching whether I could raise enough animals and grow enough food on my small city lot to sustain myself if need be. Those were some very dark days if you'll recall correctly.

So yes, it is better.now. Why don't you just redirect that bill out to Kennebunkport. It'll make it in time for the family Thanksgiving gathering.

And for the tremendous job President Obama has done rehabilitating the reputation,integrity and dignity of the United States on the world stage,..feel free to hold your head up high along with us. No Charge.

President Obama has not delivered us a perfect utopia, no. But I'm joyfully none the less, relieved to finally be traveling on the right path. Relentless cynicism is exhausting and gets you nowhere.
Posted by TheOtherWoman on October 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM · Report this