Friday, October 12, 2012

Oh My Fucking God It's Raining!

Posted by on Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM

weather.PNG

Folks who moved here a few months ago and think we have the most beautiful weather in the world are in for a huge surprise. Welcome to Seattle!

Cato the Younger Younger 1
And may those newbies who just moved here bringing their radical right wing values with them...may they experience their homes flooded and end up moving where they came from
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on October 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM · Report this
Payback.
Posted by Confluence on October 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM · Report this

They run and hide their heads
They might as well be dead

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on October 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM · Report this
On a sunny day, Seattle can be so beautiful you wonder why anyone would want to live anywhere else. After 2 months of continuous drizzle, cool temperatures and overcast, you wonder why anyone wants to live there at all.
Posted by WestSeven on October 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 5
I love the rain! This dry spell was making me nervous. And they say we might be in for a big storm on Monday!

The only thing I don't like is the dark-at-4pm Decembers. But I have created an elaborate justification: December is the month of Christmas, and I love Christmas lights, so it is wonderful!

I still haven't been able to justify January and February, however.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM · Report this
lauramae 6
I love the rain. RAIN RAIN RAIN!!!!!! Finally. The sun makes me angry.
Posted by lauramae on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM · Report this
@5 and 6, I'm with you all the way. I love love love to get cozy, to bundle up, to shiver a bit now and then.
Posted by gloomy gus on October 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM · Report this
wisepunk 8
@5, @6, @7 after spending the first 25 years of my life mostly in deserts, the rain is delicious and I love it so. Just don't live in the convergence zone and everything will be fine. (I'm looking at you, kenmore)
Posted by wisepunk on October 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 9
@5 &7: I am gonna miss my wood stove at my old rural hovel this winter. The new place is not a hovel, but it doesnt yet have that warm, snug ambiance a woodstove provides. It will have lots and lots of X-mas lights though!
Posted by Dr_Awesome on October 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM · Report this
Goldy 10
@5 I'm with you, Catalina. The dry spell was making me nervous. Watering the garden in October is just plain wrong.

But I'm sure by February I'll be missing it.
Posted by Goldy on October 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM · Report this
I'm fine with the 9 months of rain because of our summers.
Posted by Seattle14 on October 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM · Report this
@ 8 What's wrong with Kenmore?
Posted by Seattle14 on October 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM · Report this
Hernandez 13
@1 What in the hell are you talking about?
Posted by Hernandez http://hernandezlist.blogspot.com on October 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM · Report this
very bad homo 14
I'm loving it. I'm the one person who will still be loving it in Feb.
Posted by very bad homo on October 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM · Report this
@14: Nope, not the only one. We few, we proud, we true believers in drizzly grey weather.
Posted by MLM on October 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM · Report this
tainte 16
you fucking pussie ass fuck heads. the dry spell was making you nervous...didya think it was never going to rain again? what the fuck is wrong with some seattleites that they can't enjoy some nice goddam weather? at least the lovely ladies of capitol hill know how to enjoy it...ah, the mammaries.

well, i picked up the slack for you idiots. spent most of my days off this beautiful summer hiking at mt rainier while you were hiding from the sun. now i'm ready to curl up next to the fire with mrs taint.
Posted by tainte on October 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM · Report this
LOL... you must be talking about me Goldy.
Posted by Bean on October 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM · Report this
Typographer 18
We DO have the most beautiful weather in the world, and it's finally back.
Posted by Typographer on October 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM · Report this
Fall rain, my sweet, I've been waiting for you. Flannel sheets are on the bed, Crock Pot is simmering away on the kitchen counter, and there's a big stack of logs next to the fireplace. Now come over here and do your thing, stranger. I missed you.
Posted by Kalakalot on October 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM · Report this
Two months of summer and 10 months of grey is just plain crap.
Posted by sarah70 on October 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM · Report this
Oh puhleez! Here come the Seattle weather whiners. It's 79 it's too hot. It's 63 it's too cold. We had two months with little to no rain. When it's 30 below in Minnesota or there are four foot snowdrifts in NY we'll be whining too, though I'm not sure why. Boo f'kin hoo. We've got it tough.
Posted by Weekilter on October 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM · Report this