Thursday, October 11, 2012

Here Is Your Hitchcock Trailer: What Do You Think?

Posted by on Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM

It's a movie about the making of Psycho!

Maybe if it's successful, they'll make a sequel about the making of Gus Van Sant's 1998 shot-for-shot remake of Psycho.

Are there really people who dislike Scarlett Johannson that much? But she's so pretty...
Posted by Nitidiuscula on October 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM · Report this
ScienceNerd 2
I love Psycho and Hopkins! Wonderful mixture, I can't wait. :)
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on October 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 3
..just wanted to put in a good word for everyone who can self fellate. i 'heart' you and i wish i could be you.. you too hollywood..
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on October 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 4
Hopkins doesn't look much like Hitch, but his voice sounds OK most of the time. Helen Mirren? I'd watch her in anything (and have). Scarlett as Janet Leigh? Sure. OK. At any rate, this looks way, way better than the hatchet job HBO is going to exhibit.

The music of the trailer is vaguely reminiscent of Bernard Hermann's genius. His work - and perhaps Maurice Jarre's - were the only times I didn't mind when the music overwhelming a picture. You see that WAY too much in film these days. It's as if the studios think we won't know what to feel unless the music tells us so and loudly.
Posted by Bauhaus I on October 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 5
@1 - Watch this, but substitute the relevant useless actress of our day for the one she's talking about, and you'll understand my problem with Scarlett Johansson.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on October 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM · Report this
I suppose Hitchcock is the plot du jour - there's some HBO movie coming out about The Birds too.

Which will be the Armageddon and which the Deep Impact???????
Posted by Jen in Madison on October 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM · Report this