Wednesday, October 10, 2012

An Even Dumberest Blog Post About Seattle

Posted by on Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Apparently, people are writing dumb things about Seattle on the internet every day. Yesterday, after I wrote about a totally vapid post claiming to be made up of "Things You Should Know About Seattle," Slog tipper Zachary let me know about this post on an East Portland blog, which is apparently about The Funhouse:

The Generators are going to put on a wild show and are a must see for any oi fans out there. This will also be one of the last shows played at Seattle’s foremost punk venue, The Fun Club. It closes at the end of October and will be torn down to make way for some “redevelopment,” which really means more faceless buildings with all the architectural imagination of a cardboard box. Which also means another nail in the coffin of anything making Seattle unique. I guess it’s more important to have faceless buildings that could be anywhere, USA than it is to give youth (and old die-hard punkers like myself) a place to hang out and see bands perform. I’m all for holding a funeral, not only for the club, but for the death of Seattle as a place with unique structures and beauty and a place that values diversity.

Fuck the man! Fun Club 4eva!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 1
Nostalgia is so punk.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on October 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM · Report this
ScienceNerd 2
That is the most dumberest. How does one join the Fun Club?

I have no experience in cities that actually have money to build things except for Seattle. I am not a huge fan of the construction style, but it seems unique to me...
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM · Report this
I saw a blog post by a retiree living in Pasco who said Cutters Bayhouse was the best restaurant!! U shd do a post linking to that one - keep doing this it is gr8
Posted by gloomy gus on October 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 4
Aside from one minor factual detail, this reads like any of many posts on Slog/LineOut celebrating the Funhouse and mourning its imminent demise.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on October 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM · Report this
jay tea 5
Punk is dead and has been a while... It's all about that dubstep now .
Posted by jay tea on October 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM · Report this
Zero for form, 100 for content.
Posted by Mr. X on October 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 7
@3 - sometimes I think the internet is a machine created to reward stupidity with pageviews.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on October 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM · Report this
Rotten666 8
Punk Rockers are historical reenactors. They might as well dress up in Confederate uniforms.

Posted by Rotten666 on October 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM · Report this
I won the Crockpot Cookoff there last year. Punk is crockpots....
Posted by pupuguru http://www.godsweed.org on October 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM · Report this
For whatever it's worth the original dumberest post ("23 Things...") reads exactly like a NYC transplant's view of Seattle (at least the ones I know myself included.) The final item on the list being perhaps the most important.
Posted by lizardbrain on October 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM · Report this
Oi fans are well known for valuing diversity.
Posted by mint chocolate chip on October 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM · Report this
bedipped 12
There's a Jeffrey Lee Pierce joke in there somewhere. Somebody help a dullard out.
Posted by bedipped on October 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM · Report this
Snappertuna 13
Who wrote that? Jackie Harvey?
Posted by Snappertuna on October 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM · Report this
dirac 14
Agree with @4. Sorry, this guy can't say things as awesomely as Paul "All Republicans Want to Gangbang Your Mom" Constant, but this is not the new regretsy.

I don't care about the Funhouse but I agree about the architectural blahs. Everything is a fucking box nowadays.
Posted by dirac on October 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM · Report this
King Rat 15
That post sounds like all the development/architecture posts on Slog.
Posted by King Rat http://www.kingrat.us/ on October 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM · Report this