and Drunks

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, Ready Your Hankies...

Posted by on Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Rob McKenna didn't write this.

1001-steel-magnolias-lifetime-2.jpg
  • LIFETIME TELEVISION FOR WOMEN

...because Lifetime and Queen Latifah are almost ready to unveil their brand-new version of Steel Magnolias.

There aren't many American stories more beloved than Steel Magnolias, Robert Harling's laugh-a-minute/sob-an-hour dramedy about the zany ladies who gather in a Southern American beauty parlor, including one young woman who proves so sweet she dies of diabetes.

Personally, I can't wait to see what Queen Latifah does with the role of M'Lynn, made movie-famous by the great Sally Field. Also on board: Phylicia Rashad, Alfre Woodard, and Jill Scott do with the roles of Clairee, Ouiser, and Truvy, respectively. My only pre-gripe: WHERE THE FUCK IS CCH POUNDER?

Lifetime's Steel Magnolias starring Queen Latifah premieres Sunday Oct 7.

Revenge! 1
Why does Slog hate us?!?
Posted by Revenge! on October 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 2
I think the entire office took off to watch back to back 3D Frankenweenie previews and then collapse from their Taco and Vodka hangovers.

It's National Taco Day and National Vodka Day, after all ...
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on October 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM · Report this
WHERE THE FUCK IS CCH POUNDER?

On this "Rob", I absolutely agree. CCH Pounder should be in everything.
Posted by sisyphusgal on October 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM · Report this
mrbarky 4
Mmmm taco flavored vodka....
Posted by mrbarky on October 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM · Report this
> WHERE THE FUCK IS CCH POUNDER?

At Warehouse 13. I hear you can get lost in that place.

No, really lost.
Posted by K on October 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM · Report this
TreGibbs 6
I HATED the white version. It sucked - whoever cast Julia Roberts as Sally Field's daughter should have had their casting license taken away. Shirley MacLaine? UNDERUSED !! The direction, writing and casting was SO BAD, by the middle of the film I was hoping they all would drop dead. "Mamma - I'd rather have 15 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing..." or whatever that stupid line was, UGH ! Horrible !
And what was with the script and direction? They say "a line" - then there's a pause before any dialogue begins, as if the director said, "ok everyone, laugh HERE!" Painfully bad.

However, I'm looking forward to the black version. It will have the "afro-sass" that the white one was missing. It sure as HELL can't be any worse... This will be the "Waiting To Exhale" of our generation !! Brrrring it !!
Posted by TreGibbs on October 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM · Report this
TreGibbs 7
I had a CCH Pounder today for lunch... at McDonalds.... with cheese.
Posted by TreGibbs on October 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM · Report this