Thursday, September 27, 2012

And Now, a Message from the Progressive Conservative Coalition (?!?)

Posted by on Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Spotted on Capitol Hill today.
  • Toby Crittenden
  • Spotted on Capitol Hill today.

If you look in the Washington State Public Disclosure Commission database for the PAC listed on the flier above, you find something called:

PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE COALITION PAC SPONSORED BY MARCUS CHARLES

Its biggest donor is the conservative-leaning Washington Restaurant Association—which is in for $2,000—but it also has $100 donations from Deanne Calvert, Phil Calvert, Rollin Fatland, Pete Hanning, and Denise Passinetti.

I have a call in to the only Marcus Charles I know of to see if he can shed any light on this lobbying for split tickets in the heart of Inslee-Obamaland.

UPDATE: Marcus Charles—the guy who started Marcus’ Martini Heaven, the Bad Juju, and Neumo's, and who resurrected the Crocodile—tells me that this is indeed his PAC.

"Yeah, I’m that Marcus Charles," he writes. "I’m willing to talk about my reasons behind supporting Obama, McKenna and R74 if you want."

I'll do another post as soon as we connect.

RatGirl 1
Eli, there's an ad in the paper this week too. See page 54.
Posted by RatGirl on September 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM · Report this
This is just an ad for Mckenna--trying to get people to associate his name with Obama and R74. That's why he's in the center and in blue. It's a trick!
Posted by carrma on September 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
Fnarf 4
You're going to see more of this as downticket candidates in Obama-landslide states drop Romney like he's hot.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on September 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM · Report this
SPG 5
What does it say about the GOP if the only way they think they can get elected is by tricks? Never mind the straight up voter suppression, this is just more proof that their ideology is bankrupt.
Posted by SPG on September 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
That's awesome, "I support Obama and the Governor that wants to roadblock Obama". Definitely interested in his logic on that one, cause I can't find it.
Posted by TPS Report on September 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM · Report this
Can you clarify which businesses he CURRENTLY owns or has a major stake in, so I know where not to support? I like Neumo's and it's two blocks from home, I'm down to avoid the Croc from now on though.
Posted by Juris on September 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM · Report this
meanie 9
@7 typical cap hill tards

I boycott stuff thats far away, but stuff thats near me ( that matters ) is too hard...
Posted by meanie http://www.spicealley.net on September 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM · Report this
This guy just wants somebody in office that will repeal health care reform so he isn't required by law to give health insurance to his employees.

Everybody knows Obama will win Washington state and R74 is a popular initiative in the city. Mckenna needs the Puget Sound vote and who else reads The Stranger?

I'm guessing he hasn't placed any of these ads in small town newspapers where Obama and R74 are less popular.
Posted by no traffic lights on September 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM · Report this
Maybe a trick by Obama trying to tailgate on the next Govenor's coat tails. . .

You sheeple are so naive. Do you honestly believe that Obama, or any other politician gives a shit about you? You are just "bumps in the road" or "useful idiots". . .
Posted by MJT on September 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM · Report this