Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Obama Responds to the Romney Thing on Letterman

Posted by on Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Meanwhile, Romney has clarified his remarks.

Oh, shit! The Onion's Rmoney story is the greatest thing I've read all year! I'm re-posting that everywhere right now.
Posted by Curtis Interruptus on September 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM · Report this
...Oh, and Barack's Letterman appearance is pretty dialed, too. I just might have to vote for that guy again!
Posted by Curtis Interruptus on September 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM · Report this
Does he really have to be droppin his "g"s to be gettin our attention? It's makin me crazy, but I must be in the minority.
Posted by crone on September 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 4
@3, Um, so, like, where have you been for the past twenty years? It's called "being folksy." Clinton, Bush II, and Obama all use it.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on September 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 5
can you imagine romney doing 'folksy' ? ..or has he done it and i missed it ?
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on September 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM · Report this
Delishuss 6
Riz, don't you remember him in Alabama and Mississippi before the primaries? "I learned how to say 'yall'!" "Cheesey grits!" It was just as awkward as everything else that comes out of his mouth.
Posted by Delishuss on September 19, 2012 at 5:40 AM · Report this
I hate to say it, but I thought Obama's interview with Letterman was boring and a little forced. He said all the right things and none of the wrong things, though, so it was a positive.
Posted by floater on September 19, 2012 at 6:58 AM · Report this
@7 I was pretty disappointed, as well. I don't know what I expected, but I was hoping for something more. As much as I love Dave, I don't think his interviewing style was meshing particularly well with the newsworthiness of his interviewee. Also, although there was some hesitant applause at a couple of points, the audience was bizarrely quiet. It was almost as if they were surrounded by Secret Service agents pointing guns at them.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on September 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 9
@7, 8: read the vanity fair piece on obama - he talks about purposefully limiting his emotional range so he is never inappropriate.
Posted by Max Solomon on September 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 10
That Onion piece had me peeing my pants. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's some rotten chicken bones in the dumpster with my name on them.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on September 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM · Report this
angel in indy 11
I had to sit through a Chik-fil-a commercial before that video would load.
Posted by angel in indy on September 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM · Report this
The Max 12
That was like falling in love all over again. Go O Go!
Posted by The Max on September 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM · Report this