and Drunks

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ben & Jerry's Introduce Cannoli Ice Cream (GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW)

Posted by on Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

photo.jpeg
  • facebook.com/benjerry
I WANT THIS IN MY MOUTH SO BAD.

"Mascarpone ice cream with fudge covered cannoli pastry shell chunks and mascarpone swirl."

MASCARPONE SWIRL.

this guy I know in Spokane 1
I just gained five pounds reading the description.
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on September 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM · Report this
--MC 2
Between the post about Macaroni & Cheese pizza and this, I feel a little like I've had too much lunch. If somebody runs across some Chicken Tetrazzini flavored lube .. don't write about it today, 'k?
Posted by --MC on September 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM · Report this
Posted by Joe Szilagyi on September 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM · Report this
GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!
Posted by Aaron CM on September 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 5
if this is half as awesome as their sweet potato pie of a few years ago, i'm DOOMED !
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on September 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM · Report this
camlux 6
Leave the gun, Megan. But take the cannoli.
Posted by camlux on September 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 7
Oh, my whole life has been waiting for this moment. Oh, my.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on September 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM · Report this
Matt from Denver 8
Now that it's here, it seems like a really obvious flavor for them. I bet they all said "why haven't we thought of this before?" at that meeting.
Posted by Matt from Denver on September 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM · Report this
quix 9
This is Ben and Jerry's. They really couldn't have riffed on "Leave the gun; take the cannoli" for the name? Cannoli is descriptive, but not not very fun.
Posted by quix on September 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 10

Speaking of this...cannolis...the actual thing.

Go into 99 out of 100 "Italian" restaurants in Seattle and ask for a cannoli and you'll get a blank stare.

You're more likely to find "herbed butter" than an Italian pastry around here. And you know what...cannoli isn't the only Italian pastry in the world.

Yes, hard to believe, all you folk, there is more than one Italian pastry. I should know, since every Sunday growing up we'd go to Stallone's (and we said it Sta-Lone-EE) in South Ozone and get a dozen to take to my grandma's railroad room style row house in Brooklyn.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on September 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM · Report this
This should come with cannoli shells.
Posted by mitten on September 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
McGee 12
@10 You should go back there. NOW! If you can't find cannoli in Seattle you don't deserve cannoli.

This might make up for losing the limited batch Rocky Road-ish.
Posted by McGee on September 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM · Report this
Gay Dude for Romney 13
The pastry shell would be too much of a chewathon from being frozen.
Posted by Gay Dude for Romney http://mittromney.com on September 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 14
@12

Oh, boo hoo hoo.

The weety beety Seattilite who proclaims his "global urbism" whines and cries like a bitty betty when someone calls him on it.

Go dry your eyes on the hem of JP Patches' sport coast, you provincialist.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on September 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 15
@14 you seem to be the one with the blind eye for Italian pastries. It's like you're not even trying.
Posted by More, I Say! on September 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM · Report this