Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Romney Campaign Puts Up, Then Almost Immediately Takes Down, a Video Titled "Mitt Doesn't Disdain the Poor"

Posted by on Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM

For a few short minutes this evening, the Romney campaign put out a rapid response video titled "Ann Romney to FOX31: Mitt Doesn't Disdain the Poor.” The video was only up for a very short while before it was pulled down, probably because people immediately started making fun of that title on Twitter. BuzzFeed has the whole video of Ann desperately trying to cover up for Mitt's 47% statements. You should go watch it, if your awkward quota hasn't already been filled for the week.

Romney's fucking up so bad, it's almost like Obama could come out against the drug war before November and still win!
Posted by DannyG on September 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM · Report this
Gangam style!
Posted by kinaidos on September 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM · Report this
Myth Romney got a $70,000 tax break for his pet horse. That is the equivalent of the yearly salary of two average Americans.
And I'm the fucking parasite?
Posted by Pol Pot on September 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 4

Series of 47% rallies decrying the injustice:

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on September 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM · Report this
Some PAC should produce a commercial that just loops his 47% comments with that time he said "I don't care about poor people."
Posted by GermanSausage on September 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM · Report this
Nobody does "entitled" like the Romneys.

Wage earners have to pay income taxes and payroll taxes, but big fund managers taking their pay as so-called "carried interest"? Why are these fuckers "entitled" to a free pass on payroll taxes and a half-rate discount on income taxes?

Why is he "entitled" to full business deductions for his fucking hobbies? I had a side business in addition to my job for a few years. I made money for a few years, but after things slowed down and my expenses were more than my income, the IRS classified it a "hobby business", meaning any of my profits were taxable, but none of my losses. And my losses were tiny, compared to Mitt's horse.

Entitlement is Mitt's middle name. Now he feels "entitled" to have his taxes abolished on his dividends and carried interest.

You want to know who the spongers and moochers are? Look up, not down. That "success" of his he says we don't respect? It's nothing more than exploiting the gaps between our financial system and corporate governance to seize control of assets and dismember long-term viable enterprises for short-term gain. It's financial cannibalism with collateral damage. When I see a fat and happy cannibal, I do not see success, I see a problem.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on September 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM · Report this
Wow, what a hard hitting interview from Fox 31 in Denver! Way to bring the tough questions, Local TV News Reporter Guy.

"Are you having fun out there at this point?"

"Would you like to tell America anything that they do not know about Mitt?"

It would have been more entertaining if he dropped some F-bombs like he did to some Occupy protesters back in March: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/201…
Posted by Zeusifer on September 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM · Report this
I loved that interview. Ain't she the smarmy bitch?
Posted by Mister G on September 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM · Report this
Posted by ac6752 on September 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM · Report this
Helenka (also a Canuck) 10
Her constantly intersecting fingers I took to be the equivalent of crossed fingers with the understanding that anything she was going to say would be a lie. Such as Mitt really REALLY caring about working women.
Posted by Helenka (also a Canuck) on September 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM · Report this
@10

Oh come on, let's not be blinded by our preconceptions.

Romney, of course, cares very, very much about working women who vote Republican.
Posted by robotslave on September 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM · Report this
rob! 12
I'm surprised nobody's commented on the striking resemblance between Ann Romney and Arianna Huffington.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on September 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM · Report this
@12

And that stellar bit of investigative acumen tells us... what, exactly?

Seriously, do you actually know anyone who hates Ann Romney, but loves Arianna Huffington?
Posted by robotslave on September 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM · Report this
Since I cannot stand Ann, I'll skip the video. Did she end it with: "I love you, poor people!!"?
Posted by Patricia Kayden on September 19, 2012 at 3:34 AM · Report this
rob! 15
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, @13. But if you insist on knowing where else my drowsy thoughts led at 1 a.m., Arianna Huffington once also professed conservative "values" and was married to an overcompensating Republican.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on September 19, 2012 at 6:23 AM · Report this
Joe Szilagyi 16
"I am not a witch."
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://twitter.com/joeszi on September 19, 2012 at 6:39 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 17
So many lies. "The children these days are the first generation that we've ever expected to be poorer than their parents." What? That was the line about us Gen Xers forever.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on September 19, 2012 at 6:41 AM · Report this
My god. Is that armpit sweat?!? I know the stage lights are hot but damn, what a way to squirm under the *one* legitimate journalistic question. That must be why they've been pulling this video left and right. (Buzzfeed doesn't have it anymore and I had to Google it to find it.)

Ann Romney is odiously hideous, as smug as her husband and even snottier, more condescending, more self-centered, and angrier. With all her makeup, wooden delivery, expressionless eyes, and flashy jewelry, she comes off as the country club wife who's never volunteered a day in her life serving the poor or disadvantaged. In other words, she comes off as herself. I have no idea why the campaign keeps putting her out there. It can't be helping.

I also love how she says, "And I can't wait 'til he FINALLY GETS THE KEYS to that economic engine..." Indeed, Ann. You just can't wait for those keys.
Posted by floater on September 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM · Report this
treacle 19
Man, I would *not* want to run into Ann Romney in a fuck pit.
Posted by treacle on September 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM · Report this
treacle 20
So wait, they took that video down quickly... does that mean Mitt *does* disdain the poor again?

These fucking waffles. I mean, not disdaining the poor is a solid plank to be campaigning on! Why retreat now when you are in such disarray? Now is the time to forge forward! Romney/Ryan: Not disdaining the poor since mid-September 2012!
Posted by treacle on September 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 21
Eli Stokols of Fox 31 is a great political reporter. He's eventually going to be snatched by one of the big news networks, and I hope it ain't Fox News. (No, dummies, Fox 31 isn't Fox News.)
Posted by Matt from Denver on September 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM · Report this
All hail Queen Rafalca! Long live the queen!
Posted by Pol Pot on September 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM · Report this
biffp 23
The Onion had the scoop, "Romney Apologizes To Nation's 150 Million 'Starving, Filthy Beggars'"

Posted by biffp on September 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 24
Who the fuck is running this campaign? I am stating nothing about Romney or his policies, but that campaign is being run by clowns.

Is this ridiculous amateur hour really all the Republicans can muster? Or have they just been assuming that Obama is unbeatable?

They have to be saving all the good shit for 2016. That is the only explanation. Maybe this is just a long game plan to remove Romney completely from the political scene.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on September 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 25
@ 24, a campaign in disarray is a reflection only upon the candidate himself. While I neither know the name or reputation of his campaign manager or staff members, you have to assume that they're among the finest battle-tested campaigners in the Republican Party. Perhaps the manager hasn't run a POTUS campaign before, so maybe inexperience is in play, but given the ease with which Mitt is knocked off his game, I can easily imagine him freaking the fuck out every day, berating people and making everyone nervous, sick, and overworked. I see an atmosphere conducive to screw-ups and bungling, not taking charge and staying on message.

About a year ago, when things were really gearing up, I realized that Mitt was the GOP's John Kerry, the guy who had campaigned before and whose turn it was. A guy who lacked charisma and wasn't trusted by the base. A guy expected to be "electable," and certainly seemed so when contrasted with the others running for the nomination, even if less than exciting to the base. Between the lack of "star" candidates and this, it made me wonder if the GOP was really serious about trying to take the White House in 2012. Let's send token opposition now and concentrate on finding the right guy in 2016.

In short, I think we're on the same wavelength.
Posted by Matt from Denver on September 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Did Ann Coulter ever retract after saying that if Romney got the nomination, they'd lose?
Posted by originalcinner on September 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this
@26. Not that I've heard. So Coulter is a prophet? Who knew?
Posted by Patricia Kayden on September 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM · Report this