and Drunks

Friday, August 31, 2012

PAX Repping Hard Downtown

Posted by on Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM

My commute was made brighter last night and this morning by the lovely visible nerdery of hundreds of PAX attendees wandering downtown. If you commute through downtown, or work there, you should take a moment to appreciate it. Things I've seen in the last 24 hours: Harry Potter cosplayers, a Walking Dead shirt, a TMNT shell backpack, a comic book purse (too far away to see what comic it was, sorry!), a Halo messenger bag/man purse, so many lanyards, sweatshirts with animal ears, a "CRANK THAT SHIT UP" shirt from PAX two years ago, a dude in a banana suit (unrelated?), a lot of male ponytails, a dude strumming a ukulele while walking up to the convention center, a ton of neon pink and green, and a shirt that said "I NEED TICKETS." Have fun, y'all!

So much fun to have them join the throng downtown. Their enthusiasm makes me wish I weren't such a casual gamer (I managed to pay enough attention to buy a ticket last year, but by the time it came in the mail I assumed it was marketing junk and THREW IT AWAY).
Posted by gloomy gus on August 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM · Report this
Mary P. Traverse 2
@1 that disturbance you feel is millions of nerd souls suddenly crying out.
Posted by Mary P. Traverse http://dinosaurnews.tumblr.com on August 31, 2012 at 5:21 PM · Report this
no, if you work downtown they're just annoying. i can't wait for Mon.
Posted by legacy builder on August 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM · Report this
@3: Good luck not catching anything from them. I don't know what it is about conventions and people neglecting basic hygiene.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on August 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM · Report this
tomas 5
How can you not love people spending money who would not otherwise do so? Raise that freak flag high and have fun this weekend!
Posted by tomas on August 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM · Report this
Knat 6
I'd bet the dude in the banana suit was cosplaying as the "peanut butter jelly time" GIF.
Posted by Knat on August 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM · Report this