and Drunks

Friday, August 31, 2012

Overheard in the Office

Posted by on Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

"If you think kangaroo vaginas are fascinating, you should try looking into duck vaginas."

Chelydra_serpentina 1
Duck penises are just as crazy.
Posted by Chelydra_serpentina on August 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
blowdart 2
Ah, legitimate rape in the animal kingdom.

"Ducks are known for their bizarre penises, stretching up to 20cm in size in an anti-clockwise spiral. That's an impressive organ for a bird often only 60cm long. The females, on the other hand, have vaginas that spiral clockwise, opposite to their menfolk. Ducks also engage in what is politely termed "forced copulation", where the male ducks attempt non-consensual sex with the female, and explosively extend their penises with a technique that takes less than half a second."
Posted by blowdart on August 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM · Report this
Philly 3
Where is that quote from?
Posted by Philly on August 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
@1 Shouldn't that be "quazy"?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on August 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM · Report this
treacle 5
3, Who cares where that quote is from, watch as Isabella Rossellini explains how ducks do it!
Posted by treacle on August 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 6
@5 Bless that woman and her bizzarro nature documentarettes! I love them!

Also, hasn't the slog already covered the "genital arms race" of the ducks? Now, octopus sex, that's a stranger article worth revisiting!
Posted by More, I Say! on August 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM · Report this
I say Goldy, because he strikes me as a RadioLab fan. Go listen to RadioLab's episode titled "sperm" to have your mind blown. (he he, get it?)
Posted by Luckier on August 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
You guys never come back to say who any of these were, so I'm boycotting, hear me? Boy. Cotting.
Posted by gloomy gus on August 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM · Report this
rob! 9
@5: "Ees-suh-bell-luh Roce-suh-lee-nee" —Letterman

@8: I find myself strangely aroused.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on August 31, 2012 at 3:55 PM · Report this
blowdart 10
Oops I did indeed forget the link, sorry @3.

Pigs penises are spirals too.
Posted by blowdart on August 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM · Report this
Teslick 11
All "Overheard in the Office" posts are from Charles, so no worries, gus.
Posted by Teslick on August 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM · Report this
Cienna Madrid 12
@11, WRONG! It was Goldy. In fact, I was going to do a follow up Overheard: "Why does Charles always get all the credit for the awful stuff I say?" complete with a poll between Charles and Goldy.

But then I got lazy.

Posted by Cienna Madrid on September 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM · Report this
Teslick 13
Well, it was a good theory. I'm glad to have at least one of these answered. Now maybe gloomy gus will lift the boycott...
Posted by Teslick on September 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM · Report this
Puty 14
Thanks for the follow-up, Cienna. I came back today to see what the answer was.
Posted by Puty on September 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM · Report this