Friday, August 31, 2012

If Karl Rove Is Found Mysteriously Murdered, Don't Look for My Whereabouts!

Posted by on Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Normally I'd be a bit wary of posting a headline like this because people can take things the wrong way. Also, generally, joking about murdering somebody isn't really in very good taste. Nor funny.

But if it's good enough for Karl Rove, it's good enough for me:

On the final morning of the Republican National Convention, Karl Rove took the stage at the Tampa Club to provide an exclusive breakfast briefing to about 70 of the Republican Party’s highest-earning and most powerful donors. During the more than hour-long session, Rove explained to an audience dotted with hedge fund billionaires and investors—including John Paulson and Wilbur Ross—how his super PAC, American Crossroads, will persuade undecided voters in crucial swing states to vote against Barack Obama. He also detailed plans for Senate and House races, and joked, “We should sink Todd Akin. If he’s found mysteriously murdered, don’t look for my whereabouts!”

Then Rove pleaded with his audience for more money—much more.

Hilarious! Also, apparently, an effective fundraising technique among certain audiences.

Of course, if Akin was found mysteriously murdered, the joke would be on Rove! Ha! But, you know, if that happens, don't look for my whereabouts!

Fistique 1
What a weird grammatical construction. Surely "Don't look for me" or, at a push, "Don't look for this particular individual" would be more Strunk & White-approved.
Posted by Fistique on August 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM · Report this
it's a joke. loosen up.

also, what exactly was wrong with skinnydippnig in the sea of galilee?

Posted by prudish liberals the worse on August 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
dnt trust me 3
It'd be nice never to have to read the words Karl Rove again or see his ugly face. But no fear! We've got the media and Goldy to remind us of such crap. I'm an American! Addicted to crap!
Posted by dnt trust me on August 31, 2012 at 10:55 AM · Report this
The Max 4
Does I make me a bad person if I'm laughing at the prospect of the murder of Clay Akin's self-hating creepy uncle and the last thing we hear from Rove are abject pleas to be permitted to suffer lethal injection vs. being cooked in the chair once his appeal to our humanity has been ignored by SCOTUS?
Posted by The Max on August 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM · Report this
Frank Blethen's vodka distiller 5
If we were so lucky the news item would probably go like this "Karl Rove was found dead wearing women's clothing in a public washroom with a giant dildo up his ass."
Posted by Frank Blethen's vodka distiller on August 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 6
Follow Friday for anyone not at PAX is @InvisibleObama

Now, excuse me, I'm about to go eastwooding on my vacation.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on August 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this
"Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?"
Posted by tiktok on August 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM · Report this
Goldy 8
@7, Exactly.
Posted by Goldy on August 31, 2012 at 11:22 AM · Report this
dnt trust me 9
@5. that Rove would be shamed alright. Just for kicks, can you come up with something more clever?
Posted by dnt trust me on August 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM · Report this
wilbur@work 10
what 5 said, but with spikes.
Posted by wilbur@work on August 31, 2012 at 12:02 PM · Report this
seatackled 11
I'm surprised Coulter didn't say it a week ago.
Posted by seatackled on August 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 12
10- My Smithers hands in a knotty twirl, "exxcellent." " Pain, bleeding and shame to those I don't like." not really, spikes, nice touch
Posted by dnt trust me on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM · Report this
Isn't it a crime to make a death threat against a sitting member of Congress?
Posted by FunButNutz on August 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM · Report this