and Drunks

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lunchtime Quickie: Today In Cabbage

Posted by on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I once had a cat who loved iceberg lettuce, but this is too much!

At least his breath is fresher than that of the average dog....
Posted by Schweighsr on August 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
But if smell-o-vision was a reality, I'd hate to be viewing and smelling that dog after a couple of hours.
Posted by carnivorous chicken on August 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM · Report this
Cephalodude 3
Anyone who owns a dog knows that giving them cabbage is a recipe for smelly disaster. Better get your gas masks, folks.

Still, pretty cute.
Posted by Cephalodude on August 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM · Report this
Lurleen 4
my cat loved eating green peppers and licking watermelon rinds.
Posted by Lurleen on August 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM · Report this
rob! 5
(Angela's Ashes: Young Frank McCourt eats the dinner he is being paid to carry to a workman.)
I'll tell him I was attacked by a dog on the Dock Road and he ate the whole dinner and I'm lucky I escaped without being eaten myself. Oh, is that so? says Bill Galvin. And what's that bit of cabbage hanging on your gansey? Did the dog lick you wit his cabbagey gob?
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on August 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM · Report this
Cabbage Hat!!
Posted by Rowlf on August 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM · Report this
merry 7
Too cute!!

I had a cat who loved brussels sprouts and fresh mushrooms... We lived in a apartment once with a shared balcony, and one day she came in from the balcony, with a plastic produce bag in her mouth which contained 3 or 4 fresh mushrooms that she had stolen from the neighbors! She was a larcenous one...

Posted by merry on August 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 8
I love this dog. Someone get me a cabbage-loving dog.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on August 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
Cephalodude 9
@8- dogs love anything. ANYTHING. The only thing that keeps them from being indiscriminate nom-ing machines of death is some modicum of training. So any dog you get will probably love cabbage purely on this principle alone.

My dogs go fucking apeshit for popcorn; needless to say, they are fun to watch movies with.
Posted by Cephalodude on August 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM · Report this
TVDinner 10
Dogs these days have some appalling standards. I mean, it's not even red cabbage.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 11
@7 I used to have a cat burglar who would regularly go into the neighbors' garages and pilfer pretty much whatever she could carry - usually something in a plastic bag like a McDonald's toy. But when our neighbors did construction, that shit was out of control. So many bags of bolts and screws and nails!
Posted by More, I Say! on August 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM · Report this
treefort 12
Poorly trained dog. They shouldn't encourage such behavior. It's not going to be funny when it's a food they wanted.
Posted by treefort on August 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM · Report this
My dog growing up was obsessed with brussel sprouts. Dogs like way more than we give them credit for.
Posted by redemma on August 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 14
I feel the same way about cabbage. I could bath in the stuff.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on August 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM · Report this
My cat will eat anything. (The vet calls her "highly motivated by food.") Artichoke, corn, all manner of greens and, of course, any form of animal. But the thing that kills me is when she noms on raw ginger. She'll even cat burglar it out of the trash. It's just not right.
Posted by pony on August 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM · Report this