Five minutes ago, while I was typing away on some theater stuff for this week's paper, a bolt of electricity shot through my body, shooting me back in my rolling chair. The electric crack was so loud, it startled everyone in the office.
I asked Erin Resso, one of our tech-savvy, at-risk youth, who said it sounded like an electrical grounding issue ("the electricity was using you") and noticed that the plug attached to my power strip was half hanging out of the wall socket. Google says it might have been a static-electricity discharge from my battery.
I'm not sure I believe either of them. My teeth are still tingling from the first shock and I keep expecting another. "If you die at your keyboard," Paul said, "I'm definitely going to Slog it."