Friday, July 27, 2012

Slog Poll: Guess the Disgusting Keyboard!

Posted by on Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I'm not in the best position to cast stones, point talons, etc. on the issue of office cleanliness since it's pretty well established that I'm a disgusting freak, but I've been bitching at one of my coworkers to clean his or her keyboard for years now.

I think this damning evidence will prove that there's at least one person in this office is more of a wallow-happy pig than I am:

Ewwwwww.
  • The Shtranger
  • Someone chews with their mouth open.

If you're not convinced yet, I've included two more pics after the jump. And since I've learned first hand that public shaming is a great motivator, I think it's time for a Slog poll to see if you can guess who needs to clean their goddamn keyboard already.

Extreme Ewwwww!
  • The Shtranger
  • Seriously, there must be an entire village of rats living in here.

There is an entire village of rats living in this keyboard.
  • The Shtranger
  • Extreme Ewwwww.

Joe Szilagyi 1
I like how PAUL is highlighted, so he's a red herring. Goldy has been there the second shortest, so he's probably out. I say Dan Savage as a write-in.
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://twitter.com/joeszi on July 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM · Report this
Mudede. The keyboard crap represents the eternal stuggle of the neo-proletariat against the racially metaphoric post-liberal capitalists, or some nonsense that translates to "I'm too important to deal with it."
Posted by also on July 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
brandon 3
Gotta be Mudede, even if it's not. Disgusting keyboards are part of the urban marxist utopia he loves to navel-gaze about.
Posted by brandon on July 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM · Report this
brandon 4
Damn Ninja!
Posted by brandon on July 27, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
The important question: Does the keyboard owner drink coffee off this keyboard?

You guys should have known better than to have Cookie Monster intern for you.
Posted by rainbird on July 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM · Report this
rob! 6
Somebody who doesn't wanna use a keyboard condom, which makes me wonder about that person's other ...habits.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on July 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM · Report this
Kinison 7
I buy keyboards, not for their style, but their ability to pop out the keys, so I can wash them once or twice a year with a little bleach water.

Mac users are gross.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on July 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM · Report this
Zebes 8
I'm voting for Charles as a write-in candidate.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on July 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM · Report this
Gern Blanston 9
Thanks for the SUBTLE hint.
Posted by Gern Blanston on July 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM · Report this
Allyn 10
What is WRONG with you people? Do you need a maid?
Posted by Allyn on July 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM · Report this
Zebes 11
Wait, Charles is already on the poll. Apparently I'm blind.

Also, Allyn is right. Your office is filthy. You people need to show us pictures of the pretty parts that aren't caked with grease and mold and ancient cupcakes sometime, we might start to get the wrong idea.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on July 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
Damn that is pretty grody...though I recently had to clean my apartment after moving, and you don't realize how bad & disgusting the little impossible to reach nooks and crannies that you normally don't clean can get.
Posted by ryanmm on July 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM · Report this
I said "Eww," too, because it's a Mac keyboard. Hurrrrrk!
Posted by K on July 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM · Report this
i see cheap red wine stains. mudede.
Posted by gracey on July 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM · Report this
Fred Casely 15
If you can find someone there whose keyboard doesn't look like that, you should post a pic and a do a new poll.
Posted by Fred Casely on July 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM · Report this
Mittens Schrodinger 16
I'm going with Dominic. That totally looks like the skeezy keyboard of a major stoner.
Posted by Mittens Schrodinger on July 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM · Report this
Who was the one who had the disgusting coffee cup a while back? Jen Graves? My vote's on whoever that person is.
Posted by rogertheshrubber on July 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM · Report this
#10 is right. Seriously, YUCK.
Posted by siduri on July 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 19
Repulsive. When's the last time we've learned something pleasant about the state of the Stranger's headquarters from one of these polls?
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on July 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 20
Next Slog poll: Which fancy-ass Slog staffer bathes regularly?
Which Slog staffer brushes his/her teeth?
Which Slog staffer hasn't worn the same rancid pair of jeans every day since college?
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on July 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM · Report this
Simone 21
Utterly gross.

One time at University I spent an about an hour or less cleaning a computer lab keyboard instead of doing my graphic design work. It wasn't gross like this it was just dirty.
Posted by Simone on July 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM · Report this
mikethehammer 22
@19,

Didn't we learn the coffee likely had some serious penicillin-like anti-bacterial components to it?
Posted by mikethehammer on July 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM · Report this
Posted by alcoholandqtips on July 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM · Report this
That is way more disgusting than was Cienna's filthy mug.
Posted by JenV on July 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM · Report this
carriemcc 25
I...I kind of fear for the well being of the Stranger staff members right now...
Posted by carriemcc on July 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 26
Holy puke-worthy, Batman...

From what I've seen, you have a major heath risk problem there in your office.
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on July 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Which one of you is training a rat to type?
Posted by gross on July 27, 2012 at 6:01 PM · Report this
Do you WANT someone to file an L&I complaint for unsafe working conditions?
Posted by MemeGene on July 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM · Report this
venomlash 29
EW! Disgusting! Who the hell thinks it's okay to use a Mac keyboard?
Posted by venomlash on July 27, 2012 at 6:47 PM · Report this
St. Beretta 30
Those imac keyboards are disgusting petri dishes. Can they be washed in a dishwasher? Do an experiment and let us know.
Posted by St. Beretta on July 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM · Report this
This is disgusting and it makes me feel better about myself.
Posted by natalie on July 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM · Report this
Given Apple's emphasis on "user experience" it frankly amazes me that their keyboards are such dirt-traps. Both of my parents' Apple keyboards are disgusting things that no one knows how to clean, whereas my old-school keyboard looks fine with only occasional wiping.
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on July 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM · Report this
Gus 33
The lifeless keyboard had been transformed, and and is now teaming with vibrancy and life in a million specs and splashes of beautiful brown. Bacteria and fungi build cities more remarkable than any by man.

It has to be Charles.
Posted by Gus on July 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM · Report this
Posted by Skye Blu on July 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM · Report this
sjbrot 35
Still not as bad as the cup.
Posted by sjbrot http://jamesbrotheridge.tumblr.com on July 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM · Report this
Fred Casely 36
So who is it already?
Posted by Fred Casely on July 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM · Report this
STJA 37
Can we get a reveal?
Posted by STJA on July 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 38
@37 is right.

Fess up, Cienna,
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on July 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM · Report this
Yeah, really, whose IS it?
Posted by BallardBoy on July 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM · Report this