and Drunks

Friday, July 27, 2012

Lunchtime Quickie: I Still Believe Happy Little Clouds

Posted by on Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Dammit. I'm not usually one to get ga-ga over auto-tuning, but this Mr. Rogers song really got to me. And now PBS presents the Mighty Afro-d one. I BELIEVE.

yelahneb 1
Fun! Did you mean "I Still Believe In Happy Little Clouds", or "I Still Believe, Happy Little Clouds"?
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on July 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM · Report this
Allyn 2
That was delightful. I remember watching a few of those paintings/episodes they used in the song. He was mesmerizing. He made me believe that even I had the capability to paint.

Turns out I have no artistic ability.
[Thanks, Mr. Ross, for that crushing disappointment.]
Posted by Allyn on July 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM · Report this
wisepunk 3
Now I want to listen to little fluffy clouds, the name reminded me of it
Posted by wisepunk on July 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM · Report this
Enigma 4
This was such a great show to have on in the background while I cleaned. I had no particular interest in creating any of those paintings, but the process from blank canvas to finished work was just amazing.
Posted by Enigma http://washingtonunitedformarriage.org/ on July 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 5
I suppose the next in the series of Heartwarming Dead PBS Guys will be an autotuned Jim Henson song.

...

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on July 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM · Report this
Michael of the Green 6
You're an asshole. This guy just does what he does, and some people enjoy it. If you're going to sit here and think you're too cool for Bob Ross, please ignore the fish in the barrel and contact me. I'll paint your ass under the table.
Posted by Michael of the Green on July 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM · Report this
Confluence 7
The Mister Rogers one kicks the Bob Ross one's ass. You should have posted that one.
Posted by Confluence on July 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 8
@6 wait...what?
Posted by More, I Say! on July 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 9
@6 - NO YOU'RE UGLY! I LOVE BOB ROSS MORE!
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on July 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM · Report this
It's nice, but I still think he should have been remixed with The Orb's "Little Fluffy Clouds."
Posted by K on July 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM · Report this
This reminds me of elementary school, staying home sick from school, sleeping on the couch with the TV on, and Bob Ross always seemed to be there, painting. I was always amazed to see those blank canvases transformed, even though I could never manage to do anything he showed.
Posted by StuckInUtah on July 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 12
This guy would make a nice god.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on July 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM · Report this
Owl City with a Bob Ross soul.
Posted by Approaching 40 in LA on July 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM · Report this