Friday, July 20, 2012

Nobody Loves Poor George

Posted by on Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM

It's almost enough to make you feel sorry for the poor guy:

Former President George W. Bush will be skipping the Republican National Convention this summer, his office said Friday, continuing the relative seclusion – and self-imposed remove — from presidential politics that he has kept since leaving office.

For Bush, the good news is that he's a really healthy guy from long-lived parents and so, like Herbert Hoover, he'll probably live long enough to eventually see his own party publicly embrace him again. The bad news is, that day is decades away.

I'm sure he takes comfort in the fact that the new guy is running on his old platform.
Posted by Proteus on July 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM · Report this
lark 2
I knew you would comment on that. Bad Paul Bad.
Posted by lark on July 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM · Report this
seatackled 3
He should take a trip to Germany or Belgium or something. Maybe a European train tour.
Posted by seatackled on July 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
The new chant at Romney events? "Where's George"?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on July 20, 2012 at 3:31 PM · Report this
Big Matt G 5
The teabaggers said it would happen and it finally did. I was looking over Obama Vs. Romney poll numbers and I found myself thinking, "If only we could run against W again." It took me 3.5 years, but I finally missed Bush 43.
Posted by Big Matt G on July 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM · Report this
Nothing confirms for me that Dick ran the show than the fact that he's out there giving speeches and spouting opinions while W. is tending to his ranch and only poking his head out to repeat that he's not going to criticize the president. Of course you wouldn't, George!

(Well, okay, he opened some clinics in Africa, or something like that. I always like his chummy persona, actually, even as his administration was demolishing the country's future.)
Posted by floater on July 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 7
W should be hung around the GOP's neck like a millstone. fuck Bush, fuck the Republic party. i will never forget.
Posted by Max Solomon on July 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM · Report this
Knat 8
Maybe once the country and the world have recovered from Bush & Co.'s failure of an administration, we can start the process of forgetting. But for the foreseeable future, they should be brought up at every available opportunity.
Posted by Knat on July 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM · Report this
Or maybe, he'll live long enough to be jailed for war crimes. We can hope.
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on July 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM · Report this
The problem with Washington today is they are still blaming Bush for every weakness they have. It appears to me the Bush must have been the only one in Washington that did anything for the 8 years he was there as no one else takes any responsibility. The sign of a leader is that they take responsibility for their failure. The current admin still doesn't know that. But hell, if you want someone to wipe your butt when you get done crapping, vote for them again.
Posted by It is time to save America on August 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM · Report this