Thursday, July 5, 2012

Laughing at America's Expense

Posted by on Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Yes, it's old. Yes, yes, yes, and all of that sort of thing. But it still made me laugh.

Oh, the people that sign is aimed at can count up to that 16th item. They just don't want to. Different problem.
Posted by Morosoph on July 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM · Report this
I find it interesting that the picture is from Safeway, but the caption identifies it as Walmart.
Posted by Those People Are Dumb Enough on July 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 3
It is fake, considering how the sign is from a Safeway, the post identifies it as Wal-Mart, and you can see Best Buy signs behind it.

Also, if you look at the sign behind it, it has a totally different layout, graphics, and spacing, despite saying the same thing.

Also, pixels, I have seen a few...blah blah
Posted by Theodore Gorath on July 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Charles Mudede 4
@3, i know. i know. but it still made me laugh.
Posted by Charles Mudede on July 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 5
@4: I see, that was a part of the "yes, yes, yes,"

But with the Stranger's track record with other internet hoaxes...
Posted by Theodore Gorath on July 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM · Report this
6 Comment Pulled (Spam) Comment Policy
Purocuyu 7
A lot of spamming this morning all over the slog comments. Charles, could you help us out here? I address this to you, because I know you read the comments, so you'll read mine. Thanks.Thanks
Posted by Purocuyu http://littlevictorygarden.tumblr.com on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM · Report this
starsandgarters 8
Not saying it's not fake (I recognized the Safeway branding, too) but the Best Buy logo on the sign in the background is advertising gift cards. You can find all manner of gift cards for other stores at Safeways and QFCs.
Posted by starsandgarters on July 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM · Report this