Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What Do You Think of the Dredd Trailer?

Posted by on Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM

The Sylvester Stallone-less Judge Dredd movie finally has a trailer! It's just called Dredd, and it looks like a cross between The Raid: Redemption and a Batman movie, only with more fascist overtones.

Well?

WTF Straight ripoff of Raid: Redemption?
Posted by sleepy on June 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM · Report this
Looks like a cross between Raid: Redemption and Robocop 2. I might have been on board, but it sort of lost me at "3-D."
Posted by dave1976 on June 26, 2012 at 5:53 PM · Report this
No dark judges? That's the best thing that comic had going.
Posted by paulus on June 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM · Report this
Rotten666 4
Love how it shows him throw the big bad to her death at the very end of the trailer. Guess I don't need to see it now.
Posted by Rotten666 on June 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM · Report this
What a waste of Karl Urban's pretty face!
Posted by ConstantCognitiveDissonance on June 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM · Report this
It'll get lost in the glut of superhero movies.
Posted by floater on June 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM · Report this
I'd have liked to see a bit more humor in it. While there have been lots of good stories that play "Judge Dredd" straight (including the one that they appear to have based this movie on) he was originally created as a parody of Dirty Harry style tough-guy cops and i think the very best Dredd stories remember that. I want to see Simps and Belly-wheels and Boingers!
Posted by Ben Weldon on June 27, 2012 at 6:01 AM · Report this
Kenneth 8
I think the trailer just was a summation of the film, start to ending.

I just saved $15!
Posted by Kenneth http://offtempo.com on June 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this