and Drunks

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

With Any Other Celebrity, This Would Be Embarrassing as Hell...

Posted by on Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM

...but because it's a little Ryan Gosling singing a cover of Michael Bolton's cover of "When a Man Loves a Woman" and dancing to C+C Music Factory in a Mormon kid's talent show, it's somehow even more adorable.

As a straight man, I should hate Ryan Gosling. But I can't. I just can't! (Sob.)

(Via Devour.)

treacle 1
Wait, you're straight?
Posted by treacle on June 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM · Report this
Annag 2
It's imposible. No one can hate him.
Posted by Annag on June 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM · Report this
Lilliable 3
I'm sure I'd be dazzled by your wit if I knew who Ryan Gosling was.
Posted by Lilliable on June 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM · Report this
No one can hate Gosling except for that one little boy who was his closest competition at the Mouseketeer audition. He can hate him.
Posted by gloomy gus on June 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM · Report this
I hated Drive. but I didn't hate Gosling. It's not his fault that movie was so shitty and overrated.
Posted by Slog Tipper David on June 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM · Report this
1: A mormon kids' talent show???
2: So he's gay, right? I only know him from that one movie where I thought he was Jake Gyllenhall until halfway through it. Blue something?
Posted by crone on June 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM · Report this
@3: Is that your way of showing how highbrow and cultured you are? I'm sure if he were an obscure novelist or poet -- as opposed to one of the biggest draws in Hollywood -- you'd know him instantly and be sure to show off said knowledge.

Posted by bigyaz on June 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM · Report this
Why even mention Michael Bolton? It's Percy Sledge's song, and it always will be, regardless of who else covers it.
Posted by catsnbanjos on June 19, 2012 at 5:54 PM · Report this
I met him once years back. I didn't know he was famous or anything at the time. But he seemed a very genuinely nice sort of polite young person. The kind of kid who is polite to old people.
Posted by tkc on June 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM · Report this
Accept your mancrush Paul.
Posted by Large Hardon Colluder on June 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM · Report this
Adorable! He has moves for such a little guy.

We all crush on him.
Posted by westello on June 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM · Report this
I want to have his Canadian babies.

@3 -- You're a sad little liar, sweetie.
Posted by Amanda on June 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM · Report this
You always hate, the ones you love.
Posted by SeMe on June 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM · Report this
I meant, " hurt"
Posted by SeMe on June 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM · Report this
Badger 15
He looks pretty much like every other Mormon kid to me, that isn't intended as an insult to Mormon kids, I just don't think he's more cute because he grew up to be Ryan Gosling than if he grew up to be some other dude.
Posted by Badger on June 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM · Report this