Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What to Do About Senator Tim Sheldon?

Posted by on Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Yesterday I called for Democratic Senators to pull their endorsement of Secretary of State wannabe Jim Kastama. Today I called for the Senate Dem leaders to yank the Higher Education Committee chair held by Senator Ro_ney Tom. So what to do about the third member of this troika of budget traitors, Senator Tim Sheldon?

Well... a while back my dog Feisty killed a friend's chicken, an unfortunate incident about which I still feel bad. But I don't blame the dog. Dogs kill chickens. That's just what they do.

Kastama and Tom knew better, but Sheldon? He's just a dog (that's why, despite his seniority, he sits on the fewest committees of any senator, and chairs none). So while I wouldn't mind smacking Sheldon on the nose with a rolled up newspaper (metaphorically or otherwise), it's not like it would change his behavior.

Matt from Denver 1
My dog doesn't kill chickens. I should know - she spends all day with them sometimes. But she's a herding dog.
Posted by Matt from Denver on March 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
Foghorn Leghorn 2
Big deep breath there Goldy
Posted by Foghorn Leghorn on March 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM · Report this
balderdash 3
Is he a pit bull, though? I think that's what we really need to know here. As we all know, pit bulls must be destroyed on sight because they are bad dogs. I mean, are we talking about, like, beagle Sheldon? Or labrador Sheldon? Or is he a big scary Pit Sheldon?
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on March 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM · Report this
brandon 4
He's got a good ol' boy network keeping him in power up in Bremerton. I've voted against him or abstained every chance I've had (don't worry, i didn't vote republican). He's like herpes.

Posted by brandon on March 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM · Report this
@4:
Brandon - Is there anybody worth supporting for a primary challenge against him?
Posted by palamedes on March 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM · Report this
Yes, those three need some shunning, shaming, whatever. How did they think anyone in their party would ever trust them again?
Posted by westello on March 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM · Report this
Zotz 7
Sheldon has never had a credible opponent. The only thing the caucus hasn't done to isolate him is exclude him from meetings, etc. ala Roach. They should exclude him. He should never have a clue what the caucus is up to until they do it.

Another suggestion:

While the Leg is in session, Sheldon should be followed every where he goes on the Capitol Campus by 10-15 people.

No signs, quietly, at a distance.

Call it a "mobile accountability committee".

I think it would drive him batshit, which is the point.
Posted by Zotz on March 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM · Report this
If we can find someone to run against him I would be happy to campaign for zir. I have no idea how we could anyone interested. Ideas anyone?
Posted by Lord Domly Pants's Bane on March 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM · Report this
RodneyTom & Tim Sheldon should be required to go to the woodshed for a sound beating. On top of that they should be run out of office and out of the state. Let some other state have them. We don't want them ever again. Goodby idiots.
Posted by Not on the fence on February 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM · Report this