Friday, March 2, 2012

Overheard in the Office

Posted by on Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM

"I was googling beef straws."

Allyn 1
Not sure what beef straws are, but I’m too worried to bing it at work. Either option my brain can come up with seems a little NSFW-ish.
Posted by Allyn on March 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
Griffin 2
Looks like a Slim Jim with a hole drilled in the middle. Also looks like I could get my little brother to buy and try them since they're being sold in Des Moines, IA, where he lives. I could try to get a field report if desired.
Posted by Griffin on March 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM · Report this
@1 Correct. Binging.
Posted by Dr.Duck on March 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this
Fnarf 4
{insert beef straw joke here}

{insert "insert beef straw joke here" joke here}
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on March 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM · Report this
Anti-m 5
Is it as off-putting as the bone luge?

Posted by Anti-m on March 2, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
Fnarf 6
@5, that's...ridiculous. I swear to god, the whole world is turning into "Portlandia". How can you parody something that's already a parody?
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on March 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM · Report this
Anti-m 7
@6 -- Well, although rumor has it that the practice originated in Portland I'm pretty sure it must have originally made an appearance in some Valhalla-bound viking drinking ballad or other. Srsly.
Posted by Anti-m on March 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM · Report this
seandr 8
@6: How can you parody something that's already a parody?

I don't know, but I damn well intend to find out.
Posted by seandr on March 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM · Report this