Friday, February 17, 2012

Today's Dinosaur News

Posted by on Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I think we've all established how we feel about "Terra Nova". Oh, "Terra Nova", I wanted to love you! I kept trying to love you!

And now it seems "Terra Nova" is not long for this world. According to this article, pending the success or failure of "Touch" and "Alcatraz", the dinosaur show might not be renewed. But if you're a fan, star Jason O'Mara has a suggestion:

O'Mara, who plays sheriff Jim Shannon, is encouraging fans of the show to demonstrate their support for "Terra Nova" by sending in plastic toy dinosaurs to the people at Fox.

"If you want to address your package of little plastic dinosaurs to somebody at Fox, send them to the president of the network," O'Mara said, according to SciFi Now. "He's a good guy, so keep it friendly please."

WHO WILL WIN?!
Personally I need my plastic dinosaurs for desk protection. The plastic crustaceans are attempting a coup, and my dinosaurs are the only thing keeping them in check.

AND NOW A POLL!

Joe Szilagyi 1
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://twitter.com/joeszi on February 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM · Report this
Mary P. Traverse 2
@1 Joe, you've already won the thread. And your avatar gives you +5 awesomeness.
Posted by Mary P. Traverse http://www.nerdhole.org/ on February 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM · Report this
Simone 3
I'd love to send a plastic dinosaur in the hopes that it takes over the show, and maybe eat the Shannon family (or at least the annoying son). But, my only plastic dinosaurs are from the British Museum (Natural History) and made in the 1970's.
Posted by Simone on February 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM · Report this
Peteykins 4
At first I was appalled at how cheesy Terra Nova was, but then I started kinda loving it for the same reason. It really is a bizarre and terrible thing, trying to be about 5 different kinds of shows in one, and not doing any of them particularly well.
Posted by Peteykins http://sparklepony.blogspot.com on February 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM · Report this
undead ayn rand 5
"Will You Send Plastic Dinosaurs to Fox?"

Liberals are stupid as fuck sometimes. If there's a person you hate, send them rotten food and worthless items that take forever to clean up.

You do not deliver them delicious tacos and toys.
Posted by undead ayn rand on February 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM · Report this
leek 6
Dammit Joe, I was just going to ask why that wasn't a poll option!!
Posted by leek on February 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM · Report this
undead ayn rand 7
But yeah, even with Fox, the non cable news, these sort of efforts have never paid off. It's not about the interested/excited viewers, it's about what they can sell advertising on.
Posted by undead ayn rand on February 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM · Report this
Knat 8
"Jesus, Mary and Joseph, people! You have to save this show! If this tanks, I'll never get work as an actor again! For fook's sake, my biggest credit before this show was Albert Wesker in a fookin' Resident Evil movie!"
Posted by Knat on February 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM · Report this