and Drunks

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cop Charged with Embezzlement Is Fired

Posted by on Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Skeeter Timothy Manos, the Lakewood police officer federally charged last Wednesday with embezzling more than $150,000 from a fund benefiting the families of slain police officers, has been fired.

The Seattle Times reports that Manos’ termination was effective Friday and that it was based on a recommendation by Lakewood's Police Chief Bret Farrar.

It's a little depressing that news about a cop being fired for spectacularly failing at his job comes as a total surprise. Color me wistful, I guess.

michaelp 1
To be fair, Ms. Madrid, it's not like he was a Seattle Police Officer. I'm certain that would have ended very differently, and lacked any surprise, I'm sure.
Posted by michaelp on February 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
TortoiseTurtle 2
@1, or if the embezzling was from a civilian fund.
Posted by TortoiseTurtle http://slog.thestranger.com on February 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM · Report this
Fenrox 3
Ok, So if a cop is breaking the law and you want to see him brought to justice, you just have to convince the city that he is stealing money from it. Got it.
Posted by Fenrox on February 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM · Report this
Banna 4
If he'd have only just shot a homeless man or tazed some peacefully protesting students, he'd still have his job! But no, he had to go hardcore and steal some dollars from his own.
Posted by Banna http://www.ucp.org on February 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM · Report this
No kidding Cienna! I'm shocked that this is underway so quickly, the officer, I assume, must have admitted the crime...otherwise, a million hearings later, he'd just resign...
Posted by scratchmaster joe on February 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM · Report this
seandr 6
A cop who fucks over other cops can always expect to be fired. It's when they fuck over citizens that the termination process gets sticky.
Posted by seandr on February 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM · Report this
GlamB0t 7
I never met a Skeeter I could trust.
Posted by GlamB0t on February 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM · Report this
Fuck THAT police.
Posted by whomever whilst have me on February 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM · Report this
Being fired is what I would expect. I want to know when he goes to trial for his robbing the fund.
Posted by Weekilter on February 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM · Report this
Vince 10
How low can people get? That's rhetorical. I already know the answer.
Posted by Vince on February 13, 2012 at 4:00 PM · Report this