- This image is not a commentary on the quality of local liquor; it falls to you to make any such commentary this week at Liberty.
Get your SNOWPOCALYPSE 2012 (or, hell, lack thereof) started right with warming local booze! Join some of your favorite drunkards from the staff of The Stranger for a blind taste test at the excellent bar Liberty with Washington State Bartenders Guild president Andrew Friedman.
· 5:30 p.m. to taste with misc. Stranger drunkards (you may do it without us later—or earlier!—just inquire)
· $5 tasting fee
· at Liberty on 15th (in the back room—ask the barkeep how to get in)
· local vodka = TONIGHT!
· local gin = tomorrow (Wednesday)
· local wild cards = Thursday (liqueurs, absinthes, who knows what all)
The local liquors to be tasted will be chosen out of a hat, for fairness' sake; we will taste at least four brands per tasting, probably more.
Sledding afterward, weather permitting, at 13th and Republican (sled at your own risk! Make sure someone's watching for traffic at the foot of the hill on 12th!!!). See you at Liberty!