Friday, December 16, 2011

Win Front-Row Seats to See Joan Rivers!

Posted by on Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Moved up because 1.) great cause, and 2.) you know you want it!

And tomorrow: Win tickets to Fran Lebowitz and Dan Savage! Details below!

sloggawker1.jpg

THANK YOU to everyone who donated to the Slog vs. Gawker holiday challenge over the last few days. Our running total of money raised for Northwest Harvest is now $17,628! That is incredible!

We also have a winner of the highly coveted trip to Vancouver. And the winner is... Nicholaus! Congratulations!

THERE ARE MORE PRIZES.

We're going to be giving away prizes all weekend, in fact, and anyone who donates to the Slog vs. Gawker Holiday Charity Challenge between RIGHT NOW and tomorrow at noon will be entered to win one pair of front row seats for Joan Rivers at Benaroya Hall! HOLY SHIT!

And tomorrow be sure to come back at noon because we're giving away a pair of tickets to see Fran Lebowitz have a conversation with Dan Savage (and the audience). That could be you! We have another prize on Sunday, but you'll have to check back to see what it is because I don't want to spoil it for you.

So donate now, any amount you can afford this holiday season, and send your receipt to ih8gawker@thestranger.com. Do it before noon tomorrow and you could be sitting in the front row, staring right at Joan Rivers' face!

mr. herriman 1
first the bedpan and now the trip to BC? nicholaus, it's been quite a season for you 'round here :-) congratulations!
Posted by mr. herriman on December 16, 2011 at 5:37 PM · Report this
michael strangeways 2
What a thrill for the people who haven't seen Joan Rivers in her three local appearances in the last year and a half!

Amaze balls!
Posted by michael strangeways http://www.seattlegayscene.com/ on December 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 3
Shockingly, I haven't ever seen Joan Rivers. There are only so many events I can attend, and tickets I can afford (Carrie Fisher, thinking of you). I would kill for tix to see Joan. Prolly only someone inconsequential, but still...
Posted by Dr_Awesome on December 16, 2011 at 6:04 PM · Report this
Hyzenthlayk9 4
@1 Hey, Mr. Herriman, it was great talking to you and Mrs. Herriman, and OuterCow at the Holiday party. You guys should drop me a line @gmail.com, same name as here.

It's cool to see that the prizes so far have gone to people I know.

Congrats Nicholaus!
Posted by Hyzenthlayk9 http://oystermind.blogspot.com/ on December 16, 2011 at 7:37 PM · Report this
nicholaus 5
@1 I think the good fortune came because of the idea I told you about regarding what I should do with my gift. It's as if the SLOG gods are telling me it's a great idea. Should be interesting explaining it at border patrol though.
Posted by nicholaus on December 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM · Report this
Hawke 6
Gads! Why would I want tix to that gasbag?
Posted by Hawke http://facebook.com/thehawke on December 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM · Report this
Sir Vic 7
@6 Rivers, Lebowitz or Savage? Please clarify.
Posted by Sir Vic on December 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM · Report this
Hawke 8
@7 Rivers. I actually like the other two.
Posted by Hawke http://facebook.com/thehawke on December 17, 2011 at 4:06 PM · Report this