and Drunks

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fuckin' Golden

Posted by on Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Rod Blagojevich, who tried to sell President Obama's Senate seat, gets 14 years.

Kinison 1
I guess he might have gotten leniency if he didnt act like a major jackass the entire time he was under investigation.

PS
How about them bears? Someone needs to take them out to the wood shed and put them out of their misery. First Orton, now Forte, Seahawks are going to destroy them.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on December 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM · Report this
eastcoastreader 2
every time I hear that guy's name I just cringe. I voted for him when I was living in Chicago. my mom helped with his campaign and is even more mortified.
Posted by eastcoastreader on December 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM · Report this
despicable me 3
He's going to club fed, right? That would be my only problem with this sentence.
Posted by despicable me on December 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM · Report this
rob! 4
I'm sure the Serbian community concentrated in the Milwaukee/Chicago axis (hey there, Serb Hall Fish Fry!) would disown him if they could.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM · Report this
rob! 5
(Forgot to include link—gotcher "fuckin' golden" right here!)

Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM · Report this
@2 Did you vote for him because he was the lesser of two evils, or did his crazy side not come out until later?
Posted by Ken Mehlman on December 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM · Report this
Delishuss 7
@6 He showed up right after George Ryan disgraced the state after being involved in a scandal that involved the illegal sale of government licenses and a car crash that killed six children. Blago was the Dem running against Republican corruption in a state that usually tends to go Democratic. We thought he was okay.
Posted by Delishuss on December 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 8
that's too long, even for this monster of self-regard. rapists and murderers do less time.
Posted by Max Solomon on December 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM · Report this
@3 Club Fed is a myth. Federal time is harder than State time; gotta do 85% of the sentence, and the rules about visits, etc. are much stricter. With any luck, though, we can achieve bi-partisanship and he can share a cell with George Ryan, the governor he replaced and outdid.
Posted by Chicago Fan on December 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM · Report this
Wonderful! He and his hair-shelf are going to be fine inmates together.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 11
The difference between the parties right here. If he'd been GOP, everyone would be crying about the injustice of the system. He'd have a cushy job on FOX News as soon as he gets out. The Dems are disgusted by the guy and can't say good riddance fast enough.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on December 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM · Report this
merry 12
@10 - I, too, am concerned about Rod's coiffure..

WHO WILL DO HIS HAIR IN STIR OMG OMG
Posted by merry on December 7, 2011 at 12:23 PM · Report this
despicable me 13
Chicago Fan, it's not a myth according to the 4 (FOUR) people I know who went to federal prison (tax fraud and embezzling). They'd been in county jail for months (all L.A. County) and knew what their life could have been like behind bars. They all served their time in a federal prison off picturesque Hwy 1 north of beautiful Santa Barbara, California, a 2 hour drive from L.A.

Although none of them were given 14 years. 1 was given 3 years and the other 3 got 5 year sentences. While they did serve 85% of their sentence, every one of them came out of prison much healthier than when they went in, fit, trim, tan, distance runners who were allowed to run and work out in a gym all day, had "decent" food and watched TV in a lounge.

At least that's their story and I didn't have any reason to doubt it.
Posted by despicable me on December 7, 2011 at 2:03 PM · Report this