Friday, December 2, 2011

Adam Carolla's Idiotic Anti-Occupy Rant

Posted by on Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Slog tipper Nic sent along Adam Carolla's anti-Occupy rant:

This strikes me as the most relevant part:

It’s like, instead of lookin’ in the mirror and go, “Why the fuck am I not doin’ better?” You just find some guy who’s got more shit than you and go “Hey man, what do you need all that shit for?”

It’s the same version of, “Hey man, what do you need an MVP trophy for?”

“‘Cause I bust my ass. That’s why. Or maybe I’m just genetically better than you. Either way, buddy. I got the trophy, so shut the fuck up and get the fuck back to work, or better yet: on the bench, where you belong.”

This is what’s going on. So.

I love it when rich people manage to convince themselves that they managed to climb to greatness all by themselves.Of course it doesn't have anything to do with a booby-trapped playing field that rewards the wealthy with even more wealth. No, the cream rises to the top, and those who are up there absolutely deserve it because they worked really hard. The sweat you expend translates directly into the dollars you earn, because this is America.

Why on Earth wouldn't you want to make sure that every child born in America is given the right to good health care and a decent education? Because that fucking mewling infant is a fucking parasite, and Adam Carolla is a glittering golden god who worked his way to the top and that baby didn't go a goddamned thing, so fuck him. Fuck that stupid baby.

Newsflash! Douchebag radio/tv "personality" still a huge douchebag!
Posted by j.lee on December 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM · Report this
*heart* god this is awful *heart*
Posted by NarrativeUrge on December 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM · Report this
dennismiller envy = douche = a. carolla
Posted by masgroovy on December 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM · Report this
american education rocks yo.
Posted by sadmannow on December 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM · Report this
Ah well, no such thing as bad publicity, eh?
Posted by gloomy gus on December 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM · Report this
BEG 6
If sweat, hard work, and entreprenourship(sp) were all you needed to be rich, every woman in Africa would be a billionaire (to paraphrase & quote some other article). What a stupid fuck.
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on December 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM · Report this
DOUG. 7
Who's Adam Carolla?
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on December 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM · Report this
balderdash 8
I used to be a Loveline fan, back in the day, before I knew what Savage Love was. Over the years I listened to it, as I grew up, I got to hear Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew both descend from being relatively reasonable dudes, Drew knowledgeable and Adam funny, into being pinched-up sex-negative assholes who scorned their callers, made light of childhood sex abuse, and concluded that every single person who called or listened to the show was a worthless shitpile who caused, and deserved, all their own problems. It's not all that surprising to see that this douche has only continued to get douchier.
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on December 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM · Report this
DeaconBlues 9
Adam Carolla is shit with legs who's notable only becase he's managed to build a career out of being an insufferable asshole.
Posted by DeaconBlues http://radzillas.blogspot.com/ on December 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM · Report this
DavidC 10
I used to like Carolla but he's turning into Dennis Miller. Guys who used to be on top but get progressively bitter on the way down.

He's had major cutbacks at his podcast and with competition increasing I suspect his numbers are going down and he's becoming increasingly irrelevant. Compare his guest list from 20110 to what he had this year.

You don't hear this kind of negativity from Jimmy Kimmel.
Posted by DavidC http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/ on December 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM · Report this
In other Occupy news, King 5 is reporting that the Thurston County judge ruled Seattle Central can kick out the campers if they want. Right to protest, yes, said the judge; right to camp, no.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 12
@1 and @9 tied for the win.

I remember when Dennis Miller used to be funny.

Now he isn't.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM · Report this
Is he supposed to be relevant or something?
Posted by Drew2u on December 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM · Report this
Cordwainer 14
@12: I remember that too. Now he not only isn't funny, he's kind of pathetically sad.
Posted by Cordwainer on December 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM · Report this
Rotten666 15
Well yeah he is an asshole, but I tend to agree that kids today have an insane sense of entitlement.
Posted by Rotten666 on December 2, 2011 at 4:51 PM · Report this
Gallagher too. And also those Cheers allums ,Kelsey Grammer and John Ratzenberger. Neocon idiots who are trying to alienate their former fans
Posted by randomitis on December 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM · Report this
gwhayduke 17
Amen, Paul.
Posted by gwhayduke http://www.farmsanctuary.org/videos/celebrity-ambassadors/ellen-degeneres-shares-why-she-supports-farm-sanctuary/ on December 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM · Report this
balderdash 18
@15, based on what?

(Also if you actually just used the phrase "kids today" you might want to check your own best-by date because you may be approaching expiration.)
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on December 2, 2011 at 4:58 PM · Report this
What is especially funny about this is that, as he sits and says all this, all his most successful endevears, he's been co-creator. Crank Yankers, Man Show, Loveline; everything where he's at the helm, has failed terribly.
Posted by lockecol84 on December 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM · Report this
adam carolla just demonstrated breathtaking ignorance of a range of socioeconomic and historical issues. this rant doesn't support accusations of douchebaggery so much as it provides further evidence of the dunning-kruger hypothesis.
Posted by casusbelli on December 2, 2011 at 5:02 PM · Report this
Mark in Colorado 21
What makes this even worse is that he's probably one of the ugliest straight men ever to live. Any woman who would have anything to do with him is either certifiably blind and deaf and has absolutely no sense of smell or fucking retarded or a whore.
Posted by Mark in Colorado on December 2, 2011 at 5:08 PM · Report this
danhowes 22
It should be noted that Carolla came from (self-described) poor beginnings and had a variety of working-class jobs before eventually becoming rich, so from his perspective, hard work does equal a lot of money.
Posted by danhowes http://www.vimeo.com/danhowes on December 2, 2011 at 5:09 PM · Report this
Simone 23
I had forgotten all about this guy. I had hoped he had died out with the end of the 90's.
Posted by Simone on December 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM · Report this
McGee 24
Adam Carolla did not create Loveline. The Man Show was co-created by Carolla along with Jimmy Kimmel and Daniel Kellison and was tremendously successful.

I'm not defending Carolla. He is an asshole and an idiot. But he is successful in his chosen field

One thing about him is that he is very candid about knowing how stupid he is. He talks at length about how he studied hard in school and still got C and D grades because he is stupid and not good enough. He should be ignored on anything not directly humor related and even ignored on some of that.
Posted by McGee on December 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM · Report this
@22 -- Exactly.

@Paul Constant -- Adam Carolla actually grew up in a single parent household and survived on welfare and food stamps throughout his childhood. He also dropped out of junior college and worked in contruction before getting into show business in his 30s. He's a perfect example of someone who's just worked really hard and pulled himself up by his own bootstraps.

Good try though?
Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM · Report this
Adam Carolla nailed it. He fucking just said what is absolutely true about the average liberal mutt at OWS. Anyone that took offense is the "ass douche" he speaks of. So my advice is to grow up, get a job, and quit the fucking hate. Now get back in your chevelle...

Rick D
Posted by Rick D. on December 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM · Report this

the poster of this "idiotic rant" didn't do their homework at all and really comes off as snarky (par for the course for the stranger) and arrogant. Carolla did come from a single parent household on welfare. he DID work construction, digging ditches in Southern California before WORKING his way up to being a skilled carpenter. THEN he took classes (after he dropped out of jr. college) at groundlings (improve group in LA) and WORKED on being a sketch artist/comedian. so, all of you going ON AND ON about how he sucks are no better than the genius that posted the rant, and are probably the entitled kids/now-young-entitled-adults he was ranting about originally BEFORE he switched gears to the occupy people. his message in what he says is clear, and true. the people who are mad at him about it are probably mad because he's describing THEM. like it or not, there are a LOT of people right now asking for things THEY DON'T DESERVE. but, go on hipsters, keep on doing the fashionable thing and call names and point fingers at anyone but yourselves. again, YOU are who he was talking about first.
Posted by intolerantor on December 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM · Report this
Captain Wiggette 28
I for one always enjoyed Adam Carolla's occassionally sexist and often ignorant rants. He's a great ranter, and frankly, a talented talker. It takes an asshole to spew a good rant, and any good rant is mostly bullshit anyway.

People these days spend too much time being angry, and less time assembling a quality rant. For that, at least, I give Adam Carolla a modicum of respect, even when he is full of shit.

Dan Savage earns my respect in similar fashion for his over-opinionated ranting.

So bring on the ranters! :)
Posted by Captain Wiggette on December 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM · Report this
@25...
If he survived on welfare and food stamps then he didn't do it all on his own by pulling himself up by his own bootstaps now did he?

No, he and his family relied on the same social services that are being cut today. That's the whole point of the 99% movement. I don't begrudge any person success in life, but I do value our basic lifeline social services more than the 1%'s desire to horde more money.
Posted by maverjoe on December 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM · Report this
Medina 30
@25, your assumption is that he became successful all by himself. Maybe he got lucky. Maybe someone helped him. Success does not require hard work.

Knowing the right people is a better path to success than working hard. I've seen what successful people call "hard work." It usually consists of drinking and smoking dope in college and then landing a good paying job set up by daddy.

I came from a similar background as Mr. Corolla. Although I have had modest success (college educated, lawyer, house, white picket fence, etc.), I haven't worked ten percent as hard as my mom. I received all the benefits she worked for.

In my experience, those who claim they work hard generally have no idea what hard work is.

Posted by Medina on December 2, 2011 at 5:59 PM · Report this
I would consider myself a Adam Carolla fan, I bought his book last year and for the most part enjoyed it. But I am not a fan of some of his political positions, (and no he not a total right winger he has some lefty positions too) but overall I like his comedy I just ignore his political rants.
Posted by Democrat1234 on December 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM · Report this
"I was working as a boxing instructor, and I was always kind of interested in the radio, so I volunteered to go in there and train one of the guys and one of the guys happened to be Jimmy Kimmel, and when I met him, he immediately liked me and he thought I was funny. And I wanted to get into radio, and he was doing sports on the radio station, and he basically pulled a few strings to get me in and try a few bits out. … And it just kind of turned into … it got popular.”

Read more: http://www.inkkc.com/content/aimless-ada…

Yeah, lots of work, that getting lucky stuff.

Oh, also, he dropped out of community college. That was just *too* hard for his ass-busting self.
Posted by K on December 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM · Report this
@29 -- His mother relied on welfare and food stamps to feed her kids because didn't want to work. Carolla is also very vocal about the fact that she settled for never having to work because she knew she didn't have to -- she could survive on the bare minimum provided by the goverment. To this day, she hasn't worked for anything she has.
Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM · Report this
Yeah what 32 said, he did have a lucky break, sure he had to work once he had that break but he did have a lucky break.
Posted by Democrat1234 on December 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM · Report this
Idioti???? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!! You people who are on this site commenting against the truth that this man has the BALLS to say are the very DOUCHBAGS he is talking about! You my friends are the BIG OOZING PIMPLES ON THE ASS OF HUMANITY!!!!!! You are the very people who want to leach off the rest of society and just want to cry poor me. I would hope this pisses you off enough that you would buy a one way ticket out of the country but, your broke asses don't have any money. GET A JOB AND STOP YOUR WHINNING. ASSHOLES!!!!!!!
Posted by PHILH on December 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM · Report this
Kinison 36
Thanks SLOG, this was very entertaining. Adam is clearly upset and ranting about events going on locally in LA, which isnt any different than the angry rants by the protesters.

Left side wants the rich to pay more, right side thinks the rich pay enough as it is. Both arguments have merit, but the one thing thats painfully obvious is that neither side is willing to come to a compromise.

FUCK YOU PAY MORE, FUCK YOU PAY LESS. Thanks to the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street, we now have the birth of a serious class war.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on December 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM · Report this
@32 -- Yeah, he met Jimmy Kimmel, who was really impressed with him and got him a job. I'm sure Jimmy Kimmel would have been impressed with any one of us and given us the same opportunity.

Also, Jimmy Kimmel dropped out of college too. Better go dig up some dirt on him to discredit his success too, since he's a college dropout and therefore obviously just lucked into any money he has.
Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM · Report this
@ 37 Yeah he worked hard once he got his break but he did get lucky, if he didn't hear that ad on the radio he might still be in construction.
Posted by Democrat1234 on December 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM · Report this
The Dopest 39
In my experience, almost everybody thinks they work hard. Therefore, anyone who experiences success, even if success occurs by random chance, can claim "I got this way by working hard"

Carolla like many that like to claim the OWS movement is just a bunch of entitled kids, is probably pretty far removed from the realities of the situation on the ground.
Posted by The Dopest on December 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM · Report this
merry 40
@29- Thank you.

Posted by merry on December 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM · Report this
The Dopest 41
I do need to add that I do love Adam Carolla, though. Or at least I did when he was on loveline. He is pretty outspoken about being an atheist, and his rants on that subject were always pretty baller.
Posted by The Dopest on December 2, 2011 at 6:50 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 42
Maybe he is right? Just maybe? Huh maybe? Every OWStreeter seems to have the latest i-gadget. They tweet everything. Those monthly plans don't come cheap. Some one is paying for them.

The simple point he is making is, 'standing and pointing a finger and saying THAT'S NOT FAIR' is dumbshit.

What is the reality on the ground? HUH what is that? YOUR reality or Mine?
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on December 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM · Report this
thatsnotright 43
I have honestly never heard of this person until reading this post. I wiki'd him and if the entry was self-submitted and is an example of his work, I will be careful to avoid any further notice of him. Since his wiki post states he never finished high school and subsequently flunked out of a junior college with no mention of any interest or study in economics or political science, I think it is safe to say his opinions on pretty much anything are valueless.
Posted by thatsnotright on December 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM · Report this
People have self-serving narratives about the world. For rich people this usually means an inflated sense of their own merits and an under-appreciation of the role of luck. Hence "prosperity gospel," Ayn Rand, and Scientology. I'm at the top because God loves me//I'm inherently more worthy/I'm an operating Thetan.

Posted by Proteus on December 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 45
@43
i've listened to some of his podcasts, and the guy has near expert opinions on classic cars, fixing cars, and carpentry. and i know personally some men in the same fields, and they seem to have some valued opinions on the economy. BUT, KUDOS to YOU for never hearing of Adam Carolla. I'm worse off for knowing about him - he's another talking head like Maddow, Constant, etc.
Posted by dnt trust me on December 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM · Report this
Mark in Colorado 46
Oh fuck NO. This ugly piece of shit married and spawned.
It is amazing what paper currency will do.
Posted by Mark in Colorado on December 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM · Report this
rootwinterguard 47
When he says "We've basically got the best system you could have..." he lost any and all credibility on the subject of struggle in America.
Posted by rootwinterguard http://www.askanatheist.tv on December 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM · Report this
Mark in Colorado 48
Of course it should be no surprise the number of filthy duplicitous commenters in this thread who would so easily come to the defense of someone so racist and antigay. If there is a severe earthquake in Seattle in the near future...well, I'll stop myself before I say something I really mean.
Posted by Mark in Colorado on December 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM · Report this
HelpMeJebus 49
The ironic thing is that if this fuckwad didn't have the incredibly good fortune to hook up with Dr. Drew he'd still be bussing tables at Who Gives A Fuck.
Posted by HelpMeJebus on December 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM · Report this
HEY ASSHOLES! YOU DUMB FUCKS!

a) Although he may think these thoughts, he is not speaking as a Senator or TV personality or on public radio; HE IS COMPLAINING ON A PODCAST THAT YOU HAVE TO SEEK OUT; that YOU are not subjected to!! YOU FUCKS! He is a comedian, (I am using that term loosely) And that's what his show is about. BEING FUNNY. Was that rant funny? Of course it was fucking funny. Was it stupid and ignorant? OF COURSE IT WAS!! Do your kids or YOU have to be subjected to it? NO!! So shut the fuck up it doesn't have any effect on you.

and

b) He worked fast food, carpet cleaning jobs, dug ditches, framed, and built himself into a respected worker and eventually a contractor I believe. He got very fucking lucky in meeting Jimmy Kimmel. Which I think I have only heard him mention like 500 times. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

HE CAN SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS. It is his show and one of the reasons he is now in podcast format, is so he can do that. Not to mention the first amendment that the Occupiers are fighting so strongly to protect.

And guess what? You posting this, and the whole news story around this, just added about 20,000 more listeners for this previous weeks podcasts and probably next weeks also. Guess who is still laughing?

HIM.

In a big house. That he built. Up on what I can only imagine is a picturesque hill. Let's not forget he owns at least one corporation or business and pays taxes on. He also employs I would say, 10-30 people maybe? An engineer with brain cancer, an aspiring comedian/actress, his father, his long term friends, comedian Larry Miller, his Guatemalan nanny...how's that for 1%? huh?

Those guys are real assholes huh?

I hate people who create jobs and companies and employ uniquely skilled individuals and stick by there side.

FUCK PAUL CONSTANT. FUCK HIM RIGHT IN HIS DUMB LITTLE FACE.
More...
Posted by boogens on December 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM · Report this
@50: He has a right to say whatever stupid thing he wants, and other people have a right to point out that it's stupid. See how that works?
Posted by Relax, Captain Capslock on December 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM · Report this
i listened to the whole rant and you know what ? he's right ! your a bunch of molly coddled self enititled douchebags . it's a given that carolla is a douche , but the difference is he admits it , and you douchetards don't . yeah go look in the mirror at the loser you are and go figure out how not to be such a loser . hint shower , job , pay bills , get a CREDIT RATING ABOVE MINUS 605 . then just maybe you unemployed hippie douche tards will see what the rest of fus are complaining about you for . one more thing , put down the pipe , you've smoked enough dope , and the real jobs have drug tests . wise up hippies , your little protest has accomplished nothing , and never will .
Posted by whatsbeckgottadowithit on December 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM · Report this
Mark in Colorado 53
@50 booger--
It's always amusing to read, hear, or see white hetero antigay racist trash defending white hetero antigay racist trash.
Good for you sweetie! Someone has to do it.
Posted by Mark in Colorado on December 2, 2011 at 9:29 PM · Report this
balderdash 54
@33, what's your point? Without those social services, that shitty mother would have left him dead or on the street (where he'd never have had the opportunity to get honest work without, you guessed it, social services). Nobody exists ex nihilo.

@52, speaking of qualities required for basic employability, you might want to consider literacy. I'm pretty sure I can hear my junior English teacher crying, and he's been dead for 14 years.
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on December 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM · Report this
He's a libertarian. Paul Constant is obsessed with libertarians. Read whatever you want into that.
Posted by cliche on December 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 56
I get it. They're superior. We're inferior. They're clever. We're dumb. Fine.

So how come we had to bail them out? With betters like that who needs parasites?

Anyway, I hope Occupy really pisses them off. Offends them so much they stop talking about Atlas Shrugged and finally do it: quit. Leave. Disappear. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, you hard working fucks. Take Adam Carolla with you.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on December 2, 2011 at 9:47 PM · Report this
seandr 57
If you aren't an idiot, you work hard, and you don't react to failure by giving up, you'll do just fine in this country. Add a little luck and you'll live very well.
Posted by seandr on December 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM · Report this
@56, excellent point, thank you.

Also, they're thinking about leaving: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading
Posted by clashfan on December 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM · Report this
Hidey Ho, cream ain't the only thing that floats to the top.
Posted by Mr Hankey on December 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM · Report this
Dennis Miller played a comedian on TV, but not well.

In truth, he was just an elitist asshole who made other elitist assholes feel good about being elitist, condescending assholes to other people.

Remember, his worldview peer was (ahem, still is) Victoria Jackson, and their primary difference was only that Dennis owned a dictionary whereas Victoria owned a lifetime supply of blond dye.
Posted by SNL is "comedy" for old, white people on December 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM · Report this
@50 -- Exactly.

The truth is if any of the people reacting so strongly to his rant --- which is really the same type of shit he's been saying for years -- actually thought he was as stupid as they're accusing him of being, they wouldn't care what he thought. He's obviously struck a chord.
Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM · Report this
@ 48 I don't support these comments but I have listened to his podcast for a while and he is not racist and is in favor of gay marriage as he mentioned on a podcast. Oh and I am yellow before you accuse me of being a white guy defending a white guy.
Posted by Democrat1234 on December 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM · Report this
@54 -- I think Carolla's point in talking about his deadbeat mother is that, without the government handouts, she would have been forced to work in order to survive. He paints her as lazy, but not the type of woman who'd throw a baby in a dumpster before getting a job.
Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM · Report this
@62 - Yes, he totally supports gay marriage and thinks any opposition to it is a retarded waste of time. And he's not racist. But if you disagree with someone on one point, call them a racist or a homophobe and you automatically win the argument.
Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM · Report this
edie murphy beverly hills have eyes cleary 65
Who?
Posted by edie murphy beverly hills have eyes cleary on December 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM · Report this
edie murphy beverly hills have eyes cleary 66
I don't understand why anyone is treating something that a choad says as important.

Not intelligent. Not important. Meaningless. Just another whatshisface-the-plumber.

moving on...
Posted by edie murphy beverly hills have eyes cleary on December 2, 2011 at 10:57 PM · Report this
Westlake, son! 67
807 likes, 110 dislikes

hum.
Posted by Westlake, son! on December 2, 2011 at 11:45 PM · Report this
@57 etc -simply not true. I was raised in the church of hard work on a farm in North Dakota. Ask those family farmers how well working 16 hours a day to produce food for the nation worked out for them.

working hard is a virtue, and I strongly believe it is immoral not to do so. But it most certainly is no guarantee of anything except a sore back. In many cases a willingness to do work others will not do can insure that you will not succeed (eg: try listing that manual labor job you took to make ends meet on your resume and getting an interview for an IT job-you're better off having been unemployed).
Posted by Chris Jury http://www.thebismarck.net on December 3, 2011 at 12:04 AM · Report this
The Stranger staff is just jealous that Adam's ranting skills are far superior to theirs. Preach on, Aceman!
Posted by Chali2Na on December 3, 2011 at 12:26 AM · Report this
Ok, I read a ton of your comments, and I'm an independent, and a radio host. Besides (jokingly) saying he was genetically better than you... what did he say that was wrong. I watch left wing news... and I still don't understand this. People pooping on cars? Kayne West? Can anyone give me a legit answer? (and not a book)
Posted by Mason1021THEX on December 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM · Report this
GET IT ON!
Posted by boogens on December 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM · Report this
GOT TO GET IT ON!!
Posted by boogens on December 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM · Report this
NO CHOICE BUT TO GET IT ON!!!
Posted by boogens on December 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM · Report this
also... i know i missed a question mark. You fucking grammer nazi's.
Posted by Mason1021THEX on December 3, 2011 at 12:51 AM · Report this
Mandate, get it on!
Posted by Spindles on December 3, 2011 at 1:09 AM · Report this
venomlash 76
@74: ALL OF MY RAEG.
Posted by venomlash on December 3, 2011 at 2:08 AM · Report this
the idiot formerly known as kk 77
Well, his rant seemed to work. Everyone here is focused either on him or the OWS protesters.

Meanwhile, the partners of Goldman Sachs are made whole for every transaction they entered into with AIG. Instead of going bankrupt, as they should have, the partners of Goldman Sachs are paying themselves bonuses with millions of dollars of taxpayer money.
Posted by the idiot formerly known as kk on December 3, 2011 at 3:39 AM · Report this
i agree with him (for the most part). you don't change your situation by tearing others down. this movement while having some good ideas can't be realized the way it is heading. it seems most of the contributors are more interested in harassing people (to get free food or ruin other businesses by hassling their customers) than getting their point across. the rest are not organized enough (and weighted down by the previous group) to matter. locally the movement was finally forced to move because they never filed the paper work to camp out in the beginning... come on... who is to blame? they want to villainize others for their own failures even when it is as simple as filing paper work so they can be legal. and yes... i believe a big part of the issues stem from the whole 'everyone gets a trophy' movement. i have close self entitled friends and relatives that do just enough to get by while expecting money / resources from those of us who work for it. i had nothing at one time, homeless - i worked where i could and networked as much as i could and i can finally enjoy life a little. look at the demographic of most of the people in the occupy movement... search for the statistics... that will open your eyes.
Posted by worker on December 3, 2011 at 6:22 AM · Report this
i read a great article today about OWS being about anti-corporate crime... not anti-corporate. what a great statement, now lets rake out the douce bags from the movement and get the protestors with a modicum of common sense organized so they can do some good.
Posted by worker on December 3, 2011 at 6:37 AM · Report this
@25 He became successful on the grounds of being an entitled cunt. He's not funny, he's not talented, he's not even attracted. He's just a disgusting hairy egomaniac who was on a show on Comedy Central who's premise was basically glorifying American chauvinism. The fact that he dropped out of college just speaks to how undisciplined and shitty he is as a person, let alone these moronic opinions. "Genetically superior" hahahaha. Holy crap, if I looked like Adam Corolla I would shoot myself.
Posted by bleepinbleep on December 3, 2011 at 7:19 AM · Report this
Rotten666 81
@18 You're probably long gone but I'll bite anyway (7 in the morning and I got 10 precious minutes to myself in bed while the better half is changing a diaper). High school teacher for a decade.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with people that 1. don't believe hard work gets you anywhere, or 2. believe no one works hard and life is just luck.

I'm assuming brain dead fuckers that believe such nonsense have never worked a day in their lives.

And so, occupy wall street.

Posted by Rotten666 on December 3, 2011 at 7:22 AM · Report this
Adam can be funny, but when he tries to talk seriously about anything, he sounds like a douchebag frat boy.
Posted by J.R. on December 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM · Report this
wow. so many people keep posting vitriol towards Adam Carolla and have kept attacking the people who simply have been saying, "maybe he has a point." he DOES have a point. this has to be one of my favorites: ""Genetically superior" hahahaha. Holy crap, if I looked like Adam Corolla I would shoot myself." FIRST, many of you can only come up with "he's not funny, he's an asshole," or, "he's stupid and has never worked hard, he just got lucky," and finally, name-calling and "he's UGLY!" are you guys all five year olds? you are TERRIBLE arguers. Carolla has worked very hard to get/maintain what he has. and YES, he did get lucky. BUT, he's VERY gracious about admitting that. he NEVER says that he got wealth all by himself. AND, when he was talking about someone saying they're genetically superior to someone he was talking about how an athlete deserves an MVP trophy and the little fatty that can't jog a lap without walking half of it thinks they deserve a trophy too. AND, i'm sorry, if you think everyone deserves a trophy for participating, or a cookie and "GOOD JOB!" for doing something they're SUPPOSED to do anyway, YOU ARE ENTITLED. that's all Carolla was saying. don't agree? fine. but, honestly YOU'RE the one with a problem, not him. i LOVE how mad and bitchy some of you got by his rant. like another poster said... he must have struck a chord.
Posted by intolerantor on December 3, 2011 at 8:49 AM · Report this
i ALSO like that Constant stopped his "favorite part" quote here: "This is what’s going on. So." which is RIGHT BEFORE he starts talking about SHAME. you know that feeling that the generation coming up has almost NO knowledge of. they're finally entering into LIFE and LIFE is showing them that they're NOT the best. NOT a unique snowflake that's better than everyone. Constant, i think you identify a little too much with what Carolla is talking about... and those of you so angry with him are probably showing the YOUR generation's reaction to... wait for it... SHAME.
Posted by intolerantor on December 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM · Report this
@20 casusbelli,

incorrect. Carolla frequently points out that he's not smart. that would suggest that he is one of the people that has actual competence, but lacks self-confidence. he doesn't claim to be smarter than anyone. way to cite a cognitive bias study, that you probably heard about in a college class once, or one of your friends told you about, to make yourself look smarter. good for you!
Posted by intolerantor on December 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM · Report this
Who says the OWS are poor anyway? People are assuming if you have a job and have $$ that you can't protest or support the cause? It's just all dirty lazy hippies complaining? Really-- no validity to the crimes and extremeinjustice that go on in wall street?? So once everyone gets a job and stops complaining, everything will be fine? I don't understand this attitude of, hey, let the rich get richer...and so what if we get poorer? It's okay, we're happy getting cheated and lied to! Yay for the status quo!

And so Adam works hard (coming from a social services upbringing) and makes it rich. So, his hard work is different than everyone else who works hard and lives paycheck to paycheck? HIS hard work is somehow better and more DESERVING of riches? Wtf !?
Posted by Me72 on December 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM · Report this
benjammin509 87
People just need to stop having fucking kids. Like that bitch on the Eastside that starved her baby so it didn't get "fat." Heard she's about to pop out her 5th and all her kids live in foster care. Fuck her.
Posted by benjammin509 on December 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM · Report this
Adam Corrolla is overlooking what the roots of the protest is really about, there are successfull professionals involved in the protest as well. It's not a singular protest about people who have nothing complaining about people who have more, that's probably 2% of the mentality and remember there will always be the D- / F students getting in on the anti-something trip for fun and because they're bored. However, the protest Adam should focus on is about foundation of the corruption regarding the private-banking power in our country that has been bullying and buying our politicians since the days of John Adams, the international private -banking organization now known as the federal reserve. And the cronnie-capitalism between congress, the fed, and privately owned corporations, that all work together to warp themeselves into amazing wealth artificially and unfairly against the core entruprenial spirt of the rest of us. In the Fed's audit mid this year, we discovered 13 trillion dollars had been printed these past 10 years alone and given to foreign banks and private investments on behalf of the private bankers that own/run the fed, WITHOUT the knowledge of the American People OR Congress! This is a huge part of the protest here, this private banking organization that has lobbied to be our central bank, and kicked out by John Adams, Abe Lincoln, and threatened by JFK, has finally all the power over these past 90 years than it ever dreamed of, the right to simply print money and buy real wealth for its owners, and all while diminishing the value of our hard earned and saved dollar. This is what the occupy wallstreet is all bout Adam Corrolla, this is what you should focus on and side with if you are American. But for you to focus on the psychology of a fragment of these last few generations and attack ALL the generations in general in this light is simply ridiculous. It's like the american people have a right to be pissed regarding the actions of the Fed and congress over the past 40 years especially, and you're focusing on a few angry people who have apparently been raised wrong by their mothers. I'm sorry, but to listen to anything you say from this point forward is a complete waste of time, and sir you're an idiot.
More...
Posted by dualdelay on December 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM · Report this
owlish 89
absolute crap
Posted by owlish on December 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM · Report this
Thanks for the link.

For the most part AC is totally on target. Most of the 1% and the 10% for that matter have worked and studied hard for years to get to where they are.

But, please distinguish working years and decades directed towards career oriented self-improvement from mindlessly working at a wage slave job and hoping things get better.

Most of the 1% thru 10% had a plan and they executed that plan for many years to get to where they are.

Such plans probably did not include making time for unlawfully camping in public parks and marching in streets.
Posted by bornhere on December 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM · Report this
@44

You're the smartest person on this thread. The discussion should have ended with your post.
Posted by Confluence on December 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM · Report this
What is absolute crap Owlish?

Adam Corrolla has stired such a pointless thing to argue about and focus on. He has all of you in a non-sensical daise of a topic. It's about the private international banking cartel and their corrupt abuse of the control of our currency. And the participation of our corrupt congress and representatives. This whole topic introduced by the perspective of an uninformed Adam Corrolla on such a miniscule aspect of the OW and perpetuated by the media is such a diversion from the real point of the protest. Who do you think controls the media? Correct, the top 5 media corporations of the nation. And what do they want you to think? Correct again, that the occupy wallstreet movement is about lazy people who are suddenly socialist and want a balance of hand-outs. Thanks Adam and the media, you have what you wanted, a bunch of idiots wasting their time on this subject alone. Wake up everyone, it's about the corruption of the fed and our congress and the abuse of power we've given them.
Posted by dualdelay on December 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM · Report this
@dualdelay,

what you describe, at length, very well might be the root of the movement, BUT the most vocal mouthpieces for the movement have been quoted as saying such revolutionary declarations such as: "I just think somebody should throw me a bone and pay for my college tuition." "Why?" "Because... that's what i want." if the movement had kept a SINGLE idea and developed an actual GOAL, then they'd have more support from the rest of the 99% they claim to represent, but... let's, be honest, DON'T. Carolloa, if you listened, was calling out those children who are misbehaving as a form of protest. you assumed that he was complaining about ALL of them, he was talking about the ones giving the movement a bad name, AND unfortunately, they're the ones getting all the press and doing all the wrong things to send their message... whatever it might be. (however, it's certainly not the one you described.)
Posted by intolerantor on December 3, 2011 at 11:34 AM · Report this
@Confluence,

#44's post: "There's almost no point listening to the "wisdom" of celebrities. They'll always tell you to believe in yourself and try your hardest. It's like asking a lottery winner for advice -- of course they're going to tell you to buy lottery tickets every day. To them this kind of advice makes sense, even if the reality is it's about the dumbest bet you could ever place."

THAT warrants the title of "smartest person on this thread?" maybe you shouldn't be giving out awards. believing in yourself and TRYING HARD are "dumb bets?" that's basically what Proteus says. every TEACHER and good PARENT, tells you similar things throughout your entire life. how is it bad advice? the lottery winner analogy doesn't even connect with the advice of believing in yourself and trying hard. they're not alike at all. YOU though it was an intelligent post? wow.
Posted by intolerantor on December 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM · Report this
@94 -- It's easier to discount the success of someone else by saying he just got lucky than to examine the reasons why you yourself might be less successful. That's one of the main points of this rant, and it clearly rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
Posted by Amanda on December 3, 2011 at 12:29 PM · Report this
@93, Thanks for that. I see that point and perhaps Corolla is refering to those punk kids. However, Corolla in a sense perpetuated the media's biased coverage of the movement in that sense, kids/punks/spoiled kids who want things for free, by overly ranting about that. He clearly seems to wrap up the whole movement as nothing but that and doesn't ever go into the real guts of the protest, and neither does the standard media. And that's my point.
Posted by dualdelay on December 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM · Report this
does anyone really give two shits about the politics of Adam Corolla?
Posted by Agrippa on December 3, 2011 at 1:51 PM · Report this
Does Corolla realize that when he went to school in fucking 1981 the economic and political environment was a TAD bit different? I'm really tired of people telling me how much they pulled on their bootstraps 30 years ago as if that has any meaning whatsoever today.
Posted by kersy on December 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM · Report this
@98 look at this chart you dumb shit.

It was the worst recession previous to where we are now, at the exact time he was finding and working shitty ass jobs, and the rest of the country was complaining about unemployment which was it it's highest, and equal to todays.
Posted by boogens on December 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM · Report this
@99: Jesus, you reeeeeally like Adam Carolla, dontcha?
Posted by Here's a newsflash: No-one cares. on December 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM · Report this
First of all, becuase of the other 99 comments, I have to pay tribute to the Man Show.

Why? Because in an era of saturated Libocracy, it was a crack in the unisex curtain. It had the balls to say that guys like hot looking pliant females in short skirts. Much as it seems odd today, the Agenda was in full swing back then and the Man Show was like hearing VoA in Bulgaria during the Cold War.

That said, its twenty years latter, and the whole "i hate France" style of neocon comedy is...stale.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on December 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM · Report this
DOUG. 102
Who's Adam Carolla?
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on December 3, 2011 at 11:21 PM · Report this
who's DOUG?

and more importantly... who cares?
Posted by intolerantor on December 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM · Report this
He did say the "genetically better than you" comment within the context of his MVP/sports analogy, where genetics could be a factor.
Posted by kentdoggydog http://brianimation.com on December 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM · Report this
Jesus H. Tits! There is more bitterness in this attack on Adam than Adam has had in all the rants he has ever given in his entire career. I don't agree with Adam's stance on the whole OWS thing, he has clearly missed their entire point (which is that the banks ruined our economy, not rich people in general) and he has formed his opinions on the ridiculously false idea that the amount of money you make is based solely on how hard you work. But, whether you agree with Adam or not, at least he can make a point without sounding like complete crybaby bitch throwing a temper tantrum over anyone who disagrees with him.
Basically, his point was "quit your bitching" and your response is to roll around on the ground flailing your limbs and screaming? Way to prove him right, you insufferable prick.
Posted by Dr. Thang on December 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM · Report this
I don't know, he is a child of welfare, who honestly believes it made his mother a lazy retard. Personally I think she was gonna be a lazy retard with or without welfare, but he honestly thinks it made it worse. I may disagree as someone whose grandmother used the same system to help raise 3 young children when my grandfather was murdered by a drunk driver, but I think he comes by his opinion honestly. Perhaps an attempt at dialogue might be good, he hosts a daily interview show, has anyone from occupy LA or any occupy tried to get on his show to discuss with him the protests? If you listen to the program part of his comedic charm is his ability to perform a 20 minute completely unabashed rant on any topic, but his actual opinions are clearly more nuanced.
Posted by econoline on December 5, 2011 at 12:29 AM · Report this
Adam has some valid points. There are some real self-entitled people out there. All he is saying is that people need to get off their asses and go back to work.
Posted by sarac on December 5, 2011 at 9:46 AM · Report this
He was just saying to STFU and go home. AND, 90% of OWS protesters are NOT working hard, and are essentially filled with envy. AC works his ASS off and does his podcast for FREE.
Posted by Bright Idea on December 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Wow, this is amazing. There are Adam Corolla fans! and they are just bonkers for Adam Corrolla! Who knew? the world is full of surprises.
Posted by longball on December 5, 2011 at 12:19 PM · Report this

This disgusts me. Government handouts are often exploited, able-bodied people live off disability, welfare and food stamps. These programs enabled Adam Carolla's mother to never have to work, hence his disdain. They allow people to be lazy, to be entitled brats who avoid working class jobs. He didn't continue this cycle, he went out and got shitty jobs and lived in a 1 bedroom apartment with 3 friends when he got out of high school, to avoid being a leech on society. Many who aren't truly in need get free rent and food courtesy of the rich people, who actually pay income taxes. I work with a girl who works 40 hrs a week and buys luxuries like high end clothes and Michael Kors handbags- but she gets food stamps for free groceries. Very frustrating.
Posted by aurora on December 5, 2011 at 4:28 PM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 111
@95- Seriously, what's wrong with examining the systemic issues that keep people who do work very hard from gaining a sustainable living? What's wrong with looking at why people who have the bad luck to be born poor are almost all doomed to stay poor? What's wrong with looking at why the gap between the tiny percentage of Americans at the top and the majority at the bottom is growing ever wider?

Sure, it's good to look at what ONE could do better, but it's also good do look at what WE ALL TOGETHER could do better.
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on December 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 112
@110- Before you complain about welfare systems being exploited by a tiny minority of their users, find me an example of a system that isn't exploited by some people some how.
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on December 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM · Report this
McGee 113
@101 If you think that is what The Man Show was about you have zero sense of satire. I would expect nothing else from an autistic rape-bot like you.
Posted by McGee on December 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 114
@108- He does his podcast for advertising fees.
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on December 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM · Report this
The recent sense of entitlement that Carolla loathes in kids/liberals/minorities/women/etc has been the one percent's behavior forever. Laziness is Wall Street speculators using ultrafast computers to front-run their own customers' trades - and upping the technology to get themselves a picosend's advantage. Hell, we could give every kid an armful of unearned MVP trophies and it would save us a bundle from what speculators steal to serve their illness.

Crack addict statisticians have wrecked our economy and Adam Carolla is having trouble doing the math. What a fascist dickhead. Biblical payback must be lurking in the shadows - he's too big a target for fate to pass up.
Posted by Che Guava on December 5, 2011 at 7:09 PM · Report this
@112 Do you pay attention to the world around you? Of course there will always be a minority of criminals who steal lie and cheat. However, abuse of the welfare and food stamp programs is notoriously easy and widespread. This is not just illegal fraud I am speaking about, it is that people legitimately qualify for help by not trying. Have you heard of "welfare queens?" Name another system that allows so many people who do nothing to live at the expense of others. Why is there only outrage directed at all corporations and rich people, instead of those few corporate criminals @115 speaks of? Must be that they are rich because they cheated, and they should pay even more income taxes to cover our living expenses because we want them to. Life is hard, drop the entitlement attitude.
Posted by aurora on December 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM · Report this
@114 that's to pay for bandwidth, and probably a little extra
Posted by Bright Idea on December 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 118
@112- I have a better understanding this than you. You say "notoriously easy and widespread." What's your evidence? Have I heard of welfare queens? Yes, I've heard of unicorns too. It doesn't mean I've got a unicorn problem, and the Welfare Queen is a figment of the Right Wing imagination. The only way to make money on welfare is to be working an under the table job while being on welfare because welfare doesn't pay shit.

"Name another system that allows so many people who do nothing to live at the expense of others." The farm subsidy system. The majority of the US military.

@115 was speaking about systemic problems, not a tiny few. Your reading comprehension sucks.

I never said everyone who was rich cheated, I say the system is rigged. The playing field is not only uneven, it's tipping more and more. This is a fixable problem. Everybody is entitled to the same things, if you don't like that attitude I guess you don't like the fucking Enlightenment.
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on December 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM · Report this
@118
^^^^ LOOK A UNICORN!!!!!
And farmers and the US military do not do nothing, they are performing a service we as a whole have decided is necessary for our nation. Don't like it? Vote. Don't like the regulations on the finance system that allow those questionable behaviors? Vote. Don't pitch a tent and whine en masse that your college educations should be paid for and rich people are evil.
Posted by aurora on December 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM · Report this
I find it interesting that every post on here resorts to personal attacks because the people writing them are ignorant liberals that blatantly deny the truth. Do I think this guy is good-looking, well-mannered, etc? No. But NEWSFLASH..that's not the point here! Get a clue, do your research, then make an educated response!

Our economy is what it is because of people like you!
Posted by Jen1 on December 7, 2011 at 11:58 AM · Report this

Our economy is what it is because of people like you!
Posted by Jen1 on December 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM · Report this
Uhm, you guys realize that at least 70% of Occupy are employed right? Teachers and lawyers and other occupations. Teachers are actually a huge one, because they're tired of watching the rich complain about being taxed while schools are bled dry. There are many people who lost their houses not because they didnt work hard, but because of a system thats rigged against them? But go ahead, paint all Occupiers as a bunch of jobless hippies. Heavens forbid you actually be forced to examine the way we exist as a society. The point is the economy isnt going to be fixed without sacrifice, and the 1% is horribly offended that they're being asked to pitch in. How dare they ask me to give up my third ferrari, we should cut the EPA, and close down schools. 5 million dollars was spend in Oakland on cops to break up Occupy, while earlier in the year 3 schools were closed down ti save 2.5 million. Somehow we have the cop force to break up a bunch of people protesting non violently, but not enough to stop preteen girls from being pimped out in East Oakland in broad fucking daylight?
Posted by Lets face facts on January 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM · Report this
Read these posts, Carolla-bashers win with a KO. Adam's uneducated and got a lucky break in showbiz. I'm sure it feels better to tell himself he got where he is by hard work, but of course he didn't, and really what difference does it make? Beyond the pod-cast world, say in politics or academics, he's less than a nobody.
Posted by frankelee on January 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM · Report this
I assume most of the anti-Carolla comments are from either 1) liberal pussies or 2) unemployed losers.

1. Carolla never said that hard work = wealth; he is saying, as he's always said, that hard work is a PREREQUISITE for success. The problem is that instead of putting their heads down and busting their asses, people are now pointing fingers and protesting in response to their failures. Will working hard make everyone successful? No. But it gives you a chance. It builds character. It creates luck (as it did for Carolla). And most importantly, it provides opportunities which aren't available to you otherwise.

2. The MAIN point here is not about the 1% - it's about the non-wealthy resenting those who have become wealthy through their own hard work. Carolla is saying that these idiots are wasting their time, complaining about something that is out of their hands. Look in the mirror, not at the rich guy down the street. He has nothing to do with your ability or willingness to make something of yourself.

3. We all know the system will always be rigged, but if you aren't going to do everything in your power to work it to your advantage, then.. what are you doing? That's life. Stop complaining about what other people are making, get off your ass, and go to work. Or start a revolution. Anything but this constant bitching and moaning about how they're rich/successful and you're not.

Honestly, Carolla fan or not, how can you disagree with 'stop complaining about people who are more successful than you and get to work'?
Posted by Keundog on March 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM · Report this
You're a jealous douchebag with no discernible talent so you spend your time talking shit about people who are more successful than you. Die slow and stop worrying about anyone who isn't you.
Posted by AJ from hell on October 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM · Report this