Friday, November 25, 2011

Slog Continues to Charitably Spank Gawker All the Way to the (Food) Bank

Posted by on Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

sloggawker1.jpg

DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS??!?!!?!?

In the first week of our head-to-head charity drive, Slog commenters have raised $6,390 more than Gawker commenters to ensure that hungry people will have full bellies this winter. Oh Slog, some days I would tongue you like a caramel if I could!

I know you already know this—no one on Slog is suffering from a lack of self-esteem—but you guys are AWESOME. The only thing left to do is make it official, if you haven't already: Donate to Northwest Harvest, forward us your receipt, and we'll instantly* update your commenter handle with an AWESOME PERSON tag** so Northwest Harvest and those skinny fucks at Gawker know it, too.

*Not exactly instantly, but quickly!
**Be sure to tell us your handle and/or the email address your slog account is registered under!

Will in Seattle 1
So when does my tag show up again?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 25, 2011 at 2:37 PM · Report this
Yeah, I'm awesome.
Posted by So-called Claire on November 25, 2011 at 3:01 PM · Report this
I did not even know I was awesome until now.
Posted by jen on November 25, 2011 at 3:12 PM · Report this
merry 4
Done!

Posted by merry on November 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM · Report this
TVDinner 5
You don't get one, Will. The sheer inanity of your never-ending comments negates the Awesome tag.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on November 25, 2011 at 4:22 PM · Report this
stinkbug 6
I know all the tags show up on the profile page, but couldn't you have kept the Strangercrombie 2010 one in comments for at least a year?
Posted by stinkbug on November 25, 2011 at 9:53 PM · Report this