and Drunks

Friday, September 30, 2011

Lunchtime Quickie: Why Are Cats In Russia So Frickin' Weird?

Posted by on Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM

This cat doesn't like you. Not one bit. No no no no no no no.

I LURVE THIS CRAZY RUSSIAN CAT! YES YES YES!
Posted by Adrian Ryan on September 30, 2011 at 11:53 AM · Report this
I like the cat, but I LOVE the rug!
Posted by SteamDawn on September 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM · Report this
carriemcc 3
Shouldn't it be saying "Nyet nyet nyet nyet!"
Posted by carriemcc on September 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 4
Well, that's a really shitty attitude for a cat to have.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on September 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM · Report this
Joe Szilagyi 5
Kitties are so adorably neurotic and anxiety prone. Mine apparently forgot what loud rain was like and was glued to my wife and I like a little kid last week, in mortal terror of the sky. She's 10 and lived half her life on the east coast, with hammering rains.
Posted by Joe Szilagyi on September 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM · Report this
Zebes 6
@2 The cat is remarkably well-coordinated with the rest of the household decor.
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on September 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 7
You all think that's cute and adorably weird now. Just wait till it's doing that at 3:00am.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on September 30, 2011 at 12:47 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 8
Some child in that cat's past must have abused it, an English speaking child.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on September 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM · Report this
WFM 9
In Soviet Russia, cat keep stupid mouth shut.
Posted by WFM on September 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM · Report this
You notice you never see them drink water?
Posted by CommonKnowledge on September 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM · Report this
Nyan Cat?
Posted by jns on September 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM · Report this
Stupid, stupid kitty.
Posted by GEOATX on September 30, 2011 at 1:53 PM · Report this
wingedkat 13
One of mine makes a variation on that sound when he sees a strange cat at a distance through a window. Doesn't make it to "No no no no" but I sometimes think of it as him yelling NO! nnnNNO! though his teeth.
Posted by wingedkat on September 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM · Report this
The Max 14
If she were mine, I'd name her Nancy.
Posted by The Max on September 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM · Report this
I can't speak for cats, but this video seriously concerned my schnauzer.
Posted by Lymis on September 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 16
That's a hairball coming up. They always cut away right before.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on September 30, 2011 at 4:43 PM · Report this
OMG. So totally bizarre...

@6 - we deliberately chose household items to match the cat so it won't show up when she sheds... (how lazy does that make us?)
Posted by OldFiddler on September 30, 2011 at 5:17 PM · Report this
treefort 18
LOVE I WANT ONE
Posted by treefort on September 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM · Report this
Seriously my dogs freaked out when I played the video...
Posted by Magyarhammer on September 30, 2011 at 9:29 PM · Report this
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on September 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM · Report this
That cat probably just got out of the gulag.
Posted by balrog on October 1, 2011 at 6:01 AM · Report this
It's trying to warn us.
Posted by Keey on October 1, 2011 at 10:08 AM · Report this
Puty 23
Didn't I once read a Stranger feature with a talking cat ? Not like this cuddly little kook -- it was a spooky and EEEVIL taking cat. Now, who wrote that again... hmmmmm...
Posted by Puty on October 1, 2011 at 3:12 PM · Report this
TreGibbs 24
Sounds like Beyonce....
Posted by TreGibbs on October 2, 2011 at 1:24 AM · Report this
Too much vodka, me thinks???

Posted by sgt_doom on October 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM · Report this