Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Assfroth 2012

Posted by on Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:12 AM

assfroth2012.jpg

An international politics major at Penn State explains how he got Rick Santorum's autograph:

Tonight, Rick Santorum spoke to the Penn State Young Republicans for about an hour and a half. As a freshman at Penn State, and as a politically inclined individual, I felt going would be, at the very least, an experience. I personally am very social liberal, and find Santorum’s views not just ignorant, but detrimental to creating an atmosphere of openness in our society.

I knew he would be taking questions at one point, but I stayed quiet, with others taking the lead against Senator Santorum on issues like gay marriage. As Senator Santorum left his speech, in the true manner of a politician, he shook the hands of everyone near the exit and signed some autographs. Little did he know, I had two signs. One of these signs said “Santorum 2012” in an impact font, as seen above. The other, thanks to the magic of image manipulating software, said “Assfroth 2012.” I hid the more graphic of the two underneath and waited. Senator Santorum gladly autographed my sign and shook my hand.

He autographed the one on the bottom.

JF 1
That's top notch shit.
Posted by JF on August 31, 2011 at 8:19 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 2
How much would you bet this goes for on Ebay? I'll guess $69.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM · Report this
grow up
Posted by Swearengen on August 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM · Report this
Awesome!
Posted by PaulBarwick on August 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM · Report this
Fantastic. There is a certain amount of respect I have for the guy here. He was willing to shake that idiot's hand to do this!
Posted by Aedan Robinson on August 31, 2011 at 8:38 AM · Report this
YanaBanana 6
Brilliant.
Posted by YanaBanana on August 31, 2011 at 8:48 AM · Report this
I LOVE IT
Posted by Hopiwan on August 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 8
I feel sorry for anyone with the family name Assfroth.
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on August 31, 2011 at 9:27 AM · Report this
Certainly! 9
Truly, the Assfroth's are the real victims here. And they're such a NICE family.
Posted by Certainly! on August 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 10
Completely juvenile.

I love it.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on August 31, 2011 at 9:39 AM · Report this
Fab idea. And I love the kid's vigorously wayward use of language on his blog. I'm sure he's driven many an English teacher to distraction, but he's very zesty, and that's the main thing.
Posted by gloomy gus on August 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM · Report this
seatackled 12
What's funny is that Santorum actually signed it "assfroth."
Posted by seatackled on August 31, 2011 at 9:50 AM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 13
This is beautiful.
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on August 31, 2011 at 10:20 AM · Report this
@1. Agreed. That's top-notch.
Posted by useurfeet on August 31, 2011 at 10:20 AM · Report this
I'm sure Assfroth is a very traditional British family. There's probably a Castle Assfroth somewhere in Devonshire.
Posted by ankylosaur on August 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM · Report this
@11 As the owner of that blog, thank you :D
Posted by npurcell8 on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 AM · Report this
(and as the kid who did the whole thing, too)
Posted by npurcell8 on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 AM · Report this
Lechugo 18
That thing is gonna be really expensive some day xD
Posted by Lechugo on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM · Report this
venomlash 19
Well done, sir. 10/10 troll.
Posted by venomlash on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 AM · Report this
LogopolisMike 20
The kids are all right.

(I stress his youth since I saw his age and can't get over the fact that I'm old enough that if I'd knocked up my most serious girlfriend (and only PIV opposite sex partner), our kid would be old enough to troll presidential candidates AND vote in the election. Christ.)
Posted by LogopolisMike http://logopolis.typepad.com on August 31, 2011 at 11:27 AM · Report this
saxfanatic 21
Give that man a Nobel prize this instant!
Posted by saxfanatic on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 AM · Report this
cheerio 22
This is high-quality trolling :)
Posted by cheerio on August 31, 2011 at 12:46 PM · Report this
I admire high quality undergraduate pranks, particularly when they are at the expense of a douche or an asshole. Humor ages so much better than earnestness.

Hold onto the sign--the bucks it would garner on E-Bay are trivial in comparison to the left-wing tail it might earn you.

Well-played, young man. I like the way you move.
Posted by Functional Atheist on August 31, 2011 at 2:22 PM · Report this
NPurcell8, Way to go! I hope that you are able to make some serious $$$$ when/if you decide to sell your big WIN. You are what is right with today's youth! Tech-savvy, at risk & otherwise....you represent your generation well. Maybe Michele Batshit will also appear at Penn State & you'll score another victory.
Posted by TampaDink on August 31, 2011 at 2:51 PM · Report this
long-time reader 25
Kid, don't sell it. That thing is your legacy to pass on to your eventual heirs.
Posted by long-time reader on August 31, 2011 at 6:05 PM · Report this
LOL @12. and yeah, so awesome.
Posted by wildesding on August 31, 2011 at 6:59 PM · Report this
absolutely @ 23...

That thing will get you into more parties and more laid than membership in the Kennedy clan.

(and nice move)