and Drunks

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

More Anger from the Classen Party

Posted by on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 6:00 AM

ClassenSession4.jpg
  • E.S.

It got bitter toward the end. A representative quote from an angry, anonymous Classen supporter: "Congratulate Dan for me on handing the race to Godden."

At one point, me and unpaid intern Paul Holmes tried to flee the tongue lashings by melting into the crowd. Which was when Paul happened upon Madeleine McKenna—the daughter of the Republican candidate for governor, Rob McKenna.

Young Madeleine was drinking a Manny's and claimed it was her only drink of the evening (an attempt to verify her age was thwarted by a middleman). Ms. McKenna reported that she is 23 years old and, when asked what her father eats for breakfast, replied: "He eats hack journalists like David Goldstein for breakfast."

We left shortly thereafter, but the frustration still found me. A late-night, on-the-record text from Classen supporter Michael Maddux read: "For the sake of the city, it is unfortunate that it is now clear that Jean Godden is poised to win re-election. I hope otherwise, but with nearly 60 percent pro-tunnel, Bobby is done."

Catalina Vel-DuRay 1
Republicans are dreadful people. That young girl probably ended up vomiting from internalized self-loathing.

But thank God for trust funds. It keeps people like that out of the employment pool. Drunken, self-loathing conservative women are terrible for office morale.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on August 17, 2011 at 6:37 AM · Report this
The Content/ remarks were helpful. From hyderabadonnet dot com(send flowers and gifts to Andhra Pradesh).
Posted by honnet on August 17, 2011 at 6:48 AM · Report this
Vince 3
Oh snap!
Posted by Vince on August 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM · Report this
She was generous, she used the word "journalist" in the same sentence as Goldstein. He doesn't get that often.
Posted by delbert on August 17, 2011 at 7:29 AM · Report this
Rotten666 5
@4 beat me to it!
Posted by Rotten666 on August 17, 2011 at 7:32 AM · Report this
You crashed their party and couldn't hack it when they turned up the heat. Hilarious.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on August 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM · Report this
LAH 7
I know Madeleine, or did a few years ago, and I think in general she's pretty liberal. She was also recently the President of ASUW. My guess is she is trying to get into politics and using her dad's campaign to get experience, but if I had to bet, she voted for Obama. I know she supports gay marriage, etc. Not that I'm any fan of conservative young women, but I'm not exactly sure she fits that description.
Posted by LAH on August 17, 2011 at 8:27 AM · Report this
Thomas Guy 8
@1 Madeleine McKenna did vote for Obama. She doesn't experience "internalized self-loathing."
Posted by Thomas Guy on August 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM · Report this
Baconcat 9
Classen and his fans hate that liberal media
Posted by Baconcat on August 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM · Report this
Strange things happen when you step out of the bubble world of Capitol Hill.
Posted by Is people on August 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM · Report this
Does Maddux know that Bobby is pro-tunnel too?
Posted by big l on August 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM · Report this
I don't believe for a moment that Bobby can beat Jean. Classen was the strongest shot for that.

Stranger, you wish shall be granted: 4 more years with an 80-year old council member who has no interest or anything in common with a Seattle has become younger.
Posted by BiggerPicture on August 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM · Report this
johnyawl 13
It's nice to know that Goldy is getting under McKenna's skin.
Posted by johnyawl on August 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 14
Voting for Obama means you can't internalize your self-loathing? Who knew?

I just hope there was someone that she didn't have to pay there to hold her hair when she vomited.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on August 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM · Report this